Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    i replace my hose periodically. if you filtered the vent it would slow the machine. same if it's blocked in any way. Brian said we can spray right on the machine with germicidals. the new vent plate will have a hose that you can run out of the bag and i believe there will be a couple other options as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    That'll work to start but I really think a disposable swisscheesed paper eggshell covered in micron filter would have plenty of airflow and keep everything nasty nicely contained.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Intuition Tattoo Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    Hey Brian do you think it'd be possible to add a small micron filter to the exhaust port?
    I'm sure you could (with the new exhaust plate) but I don't see the need for it if your air is filtered before it enters the machine. The new plate will allow the exhaust to travel back down a hose away from the tattoo. By the way I keep a Swashdrive around for travel.

... and Robs right, The Intution Facebook page will bring the quickest response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds cool. Think I should be on the waiting list

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I would've got on the waiting list

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?p51goa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by artoftatt2 View Post
    I wish I would've got on the waiting list

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?p51goa
    the wait isn't that long. hit Brian up on FB or email them at [email protected] they'll get you on your way. he told me 2-3 weeks before the list is done and then regular orders will start up.

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the main draw to this system, it seems like a lot of extra parts (compressors,etc..) and wouldnt be ideal for traveling. So what does this provide that is worth all the hassle? It must run really well and have great control right?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the a main attraction for me is the simplicity of the system, once set up, and as a dedicated shop system. The soundproofed compressor can be in a far room with a dedicated line coming down from the ceiling or through a wall to the station where it is essential fed through valves to the simplest machine available. I also love it because Kevin Griffin and myself synchnistically(?) had come up with the idea when we tried each others equipment to tattoo one another and noticed a similarity in my swashdrive and his neumas and started talking about a hybrid system. I drew up some simple designs but never took it further. Low and behold a year later I hear about the first hints about the Intuition and it's so cool that someone took it so far! Brian made it so simple clean and efficient, it's very apparent to me that the design and manufacture is highly efficient and versatile. A pneumatic system has infinitely smooth pressure and compression dampening abilities, a variable spring rate which should smooth it out better than any mechanical spring dampening can offer.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Intuition Tattoo Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreviltattoo View Post
    the wait isn't that long. hit Brian up on FB or email them at [email protected] they'll get you on your way. he told me 2-3 weeks before the list is done and then regular orders will start up.
    "Your killing me Smalls"...The waiting list not being that long is a slight understatement. We have sent out a bunchof machines, and right now we still have just under 100 people on the waiting list. To make matters worse, Every single person that has received their machine has asked for more. We sold 13 machines to just 5 people! We are working on streamlining our production now, so we should be able to get 50 or more machines out the door per day. That won't happen for a few weeks. We're trying to get these out as quick as possible but I'm not going to sacrifice anything to do it.

The Main draw to the system is this:

**So why Air?... because air works on pressure. When your powering a machine with air, the instant the needle makes contact with the skin, the needle slows down. The air pressure then has to build enough to be able to puncture the skin. This battle slows the "hit" of the machine to more of a "push". This also allows a smoother feel, and less damage which allows faster healing and a lot of layering. You can also make nemourus passes over the same spot and still cause less damage to the skin. It also hurts less than having a machine "slapping" the needle into the skin. Air also has a "true give". Some machines provide an "artificial give" using springs (which is fine). My only issue with using springs for give is that "all springs" are rated for a certian range of compression force. They are limited to that range for their give. Air doesn't have that range, which allows an "unlimited give" range. The other issue with using springs for "give" is all springs have a "duty cycle". They can be rated for 200k or 500k etc. each time you compress the spring and it returns you have used "one cycle" when 75% of that duty cycle range has been used, the spring starts to die. You may notice in your Rotarys and Coils start to act funny before the springs just don't work anymore and need to be replaced. That's why I don't use any springs in the machine. Now just to clarify, I am not saying springs are bad or Rotarys are bad. I have them and I have used them. There's nothing wrong with a builder using springs in a machine. There are different machine designs for a reason, it allows the users of our creations to have different expierences. Like they say "different strokes for different folks".
    Last edited by Intuition Tattoo Machines; 04-11-2012 at 12:32 AM.

11. Like Dreviltattoo liked this post.