Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Intuition Pneumatic Rotary Machines

this was in response to someone from here that found me on FB and wanted to know about the intuitions. i figured i would share and will post more after i use them longer.

oh hey. hunted me down huh? lol.
    i plan on putting up a review but i only have about 16hrs on them so far. they are not like any other machine i have ever used. the first time was really weird and not what i expected. i thought they were gonna run similar to an n2 but they didn't. the give range is ridiculous. you can run it super slow and barely touch the skin, slow the hand speed and it blends better than a hyper v2. i usually use bug pins for color blending and i don't see any need to now. i'm still using bug pins for black and grey and again the blends are super ez. at one point i was blending out straight black with ease. up till now i've been using a hybrid LS for lining which is ok if you can manage to get the elastic tension perfect. my first lining experience with the intuition was also not what i expected. it has a 3mm stroke which i thought would be a little short and i usually like a longer stroke for lining. i used a Mithra 7 RBLT (super tight) which i used all the time and 2 #8 elastics. with the intuition it felt like i was using a 3 liner. now i only use 1 elastic and it's still like a laser. there is pretty much no needle "wobble" with the intuition so a step up on liner groupings may work out best. i believe neotat recommends the same thing because of the needle clip. The weird part about lining was that the machine weighs almost nothing and with a disposable it feels about as heavy as a sharpie so you have to actually push into the skin how deep you want the needle to go. by the end of the first day (8hrs straight out as usual) i was completely comfortable with the machines as if i had been using them for yrs. The only thing i haven't done with them so far is color packing. I'm not sure if it will be may fav for packing because of the weightlessness so i may keep my hybrid LS just for tribal and what not. I also haven't tried any large groupings but I'm sure it will be a dream with a 17(largest i use).
    the only issue i have had with it is trying to figure out the best way to bag the machine. the exhaust is straight out the back of the machine so it blows the bag back which in turn puts the front against the armature nipple which can slow the machine. Brian said he is going to have another vent plate with a hose available in the next couple months. Honestly, i may just not bag them until then because it's kinda driving me nuts. the machine is almost noiseless. all u hear is air blowing against the bag which is a nice switch from the annoying winding plastic sound of the hybrids.
    I have been in constant contact with Brian Abbott the owner/inventor of the intuition and he has been able to answer all of my questions and has made himself easily accessible and friendly. i've been put back on the waiting list so i can get a 3rd machine. I'm absolutely addicted to blending with these machines.
    I'm gonna go ahead and copy and paste this on the forum. Feel free to add me on FB and check out my progress with the machines and pics of the machines etc. Facebook.com/dreviltattoo
    Thanks,
    Rob Levis

2. Like Tat2dPinoy liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Intuition Tattoo Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the time to write your thoughts about the machine. I guess you pretty much said it all, hopefully some of the forum members on here see this while they are waiting their machines to show up. I also like to hear the feedback from customers. "I'm not about" selling a machine without directions or support.

By the way...after you paid for the machine...how many months did you have to wait for it to show up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome review, I gotta rob a bank!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol. Brian u had my machines in my hand 2 days after I paid and answered all my questions even though I'm a pain in the ass and stalked u for the last 2 months while I was awaiting the release. Check out my FB. I just tagged u guys in a pic. I'm blending the shit out of everything. Loving color more every day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sage just sell something. It will be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah. I packed some black today at 19psi with NO prob. Bye bye neumas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure I will. I just need to get a compressor and hardware since I'm coming from electric. I still want to keep my rotaries just in case and as backup and for travel. The work I've seen done with them so far has been very impressive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Brian do you think it'd be possible to add a small micron filter to the exhaust port?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got some in and they are bigger than u think. I'm going to put it at the end of my 2 other filters and right before the line for the machine. Ur best bet to contact Brian fast is on FB.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about using an aluminum RC fuel line filter with hepa filter from a vacuum cleaner, I could make a bunch and clean it out and replace the filter after each tattoo (attached to the exhaust port of the machine)I'd also like to see a lightweight maybe clear and autoclavable or sterilant compatible hardshell that can fit over the machine and seal to keep all bio enclosed and vented out through a hepa filter. No more bags but still everything airbore contained until after the cleanup. Or maybe a disposable cover like a face mask that could go over the entire thing with a simple framework to keep it from touching the works. Pneumatic systems already allow for replaceable airline each tattoo which I love the idea of. No more clipcord bags!