Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Mini Cranker vs Rapier... (mortal kombat voice) FIGHT!

I have heard nothing but praises for both of these machines for lining. In a head to head line-off, who'd win?

Also, anyone know the weights of these two machines? The Kubin is heavier right?

Post Thanks / Like
    MINI CRANKER........FATALITY.(mortal kombat voice)FLAWLESS VICTORY!!
    Last edited by biggboy; 04-15-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must be a little different in my lining requirements as i didnt like the cranker for lining....traded my two within a few weeks!...just wasnt feeling them for lining..my top liners still being Gen 7(soft clip a must)Rapier,Inkjecta specific and whip with hard clip(soft clip to me seemed pointless on whip).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mini Cranker and Gen 7 Neck to Neck, Rapier pulling up into 3rd spot (in a Horse Racing Commentary voice, I know you are trying it out in your Head).

Post Thanks / Like
    mini cranker for me .would like another . rapier is good but I do get ink spray with mine for some reason.
    Last edited by tugg; 04-15-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mini Cranker for sure, the only machine i'd get burnt for if my studio was on fire! Either that or i'd just buy another one.

Post Thanks / Like
    **NEW CHALLENGER** The little fine line wonder from Spain called the mini Evolution enters the arena. Perfect ink flow tattoos like a marker with small groupings!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here my 2 penny worth - most of the machines mentioned here ive had or still have.
    Mini cranker is great - I love using it for lining - dan shows it lining big 14rl but I love the feel of it with smaller groupings - the control and balance when using a 3 or 5rl is amazing.
    The mini Evo from HM is very similar in that respect too.

The rapier is like a coil liner and I use that one for 7-9 liners.

But to throw another suggestion into the mix - neo tat VIVACE !! - I've only had it a few days do as yet I won't make my mind up but it's good

If I'm lining with any liner over a 9 I still go to a coil - the only reason is I line quick and find slowing down with a rotary with larger needles makes me think to much about what I'm doing - and I'm an impatient person and don't like lining twice

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot about the Long Stroke NeoTat, load on anything from a 5RL to a 14RL, step on the Gas from 9-10V's and it will Line effortlessly, just like a coil, and with a "slightly" faster handspeed than the Cranker...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    I forgot about the Long Stroke NeoTat, load on anything from a 5RL to a 14RL, step on the Gas from 9-10V's and it will Line effortlessly, just like a coil, and with a "slightly" faster handspeed than the Cranker...
    Good to know - I'm gonna try it for lining all next week