Post Thanks / Like

workhorse irons rotary

so I got my hands on a workhorse..(I just had to) I herd so much that was wrong with the machine so I had to see if I could make it work.. I feel the only flaw in the design is the crank arm and bearing in the rear. so I put a crank arm off of a stealth on the machine and used a rubber grommet and all the noise is gone now.. the arm can stand to be a hair shorter but it works..here is a pic..maybe bill can go back and redesign the rear crank and he will have a great machine.mms_picture.jpgthe only other thing that makes noise is the pivot point for the arm bar and I will soon find a fix for it..maybe if the end was rubber coated. but it is so small of a noise it doesn't matter
    Last edited by gangstajay; 04-17-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    VAGABOND JAY

2. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    is it something u could really get down with? ive been checking them out too

Post Thanks / Like
    They are really cool overall but yeah I hated the rear con rod too. I used my friends a few times to try and wanted bad to do the same mod. I also wanted to fix the armature pivot points by incorporating bearings, as the holes are just too big for the cross shaft and there's a lot of slop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    They are really cool overall but yeah I hated the rear con rod too. I used my friends a few times to try and wanted bad to do the same mod. I also wanted to fix the armature pivot points by incorporating bearings, as the holes are just too big for the cross shaft and there's a lot of slop.
    thats exactly correct.. other then that they are a good machine. I'm going to keep working at it.
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tatu richie View Post
    is it something u could really get down with? ive been checking them out too
    only if they redesign the crank system and pivot point..the give system is good
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    so I got to playing around with this thing again.. I put the stock crank arm back and the stock flywheel but I used the bearing from the stealth and used the c clip and used a rubber grommet to hold the arm bar in the crank arm.. seems to work really well. I will try to tattoo with it. now it sounds like my dan kubin which is pleasurable, I will keep you posted.
    VAGABOND JAY