Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

adjustable stroke

Going through the posts here, and following through to a few builder's sites, I've come across a lot of rotaries with adjustable give but not too many with adjustable stroke length. Dan Kubin's mini cranker I believe has an adjustable stroke length (or is it fixed on each machine with different stroke lengths available?) but most others just have different models with different strokes. Can anyone point me in the direction of more manufactures that have this option? And if there are others, are they readily adjustable (fine tune them during a tattoo; preferably making adjustments through a barrier bag) or do you pretty much have to strip them down to tweak the stroke?
    Thanks for any input

Post Thanks / Like
    Kubins is fully adjustable

Post Thanks / Like
    Does changing the excentres count as in the Bizarre v2, and the Hyper v2 has a 3mm-5mm hub/stroke length...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    Does changing the excentres count as in the Bizarre v2, and the Hyper v2 has a 3mm-5mm hub/stroke length...
    If your going that far the dragonfly has 2.5 and 3.6 excentres.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Centri is fully adjustable, a lot of Cary's ( Tattooed Pirate ) machines have two or even three selectable stroke lengths, the Inkjecta has an adjustable stroke as well. Then there is a monster swashdrive gen 7 in stainless steel that is full adjustable. That is just off the top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the metal gen 7s are quite sweet, both Stainless steel and bronze. I really wish they'd make larger runs of those and bring the price down a bit too. I'd prefer the bronze, it just ages so beautifully...seriously on my wishlist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sage oz sorry dude just got a bronze gen7 and an adjustable stainless gen7 but Ive had a gen6 that is adjustable but you have to mess about with grub screws on all of them Ive had a thought on this what about making different hubs so the user could interchange them to give different strokes thoughts anybody
    Last edited by daza; 04-25-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daza View Post
    Sage oz sorry dude just got a bronze gen7 and an adjustable stainless gen7 but Ive had a gen6 that is adjustable but you have to mess about with grub screws on all of them Ive had a thought on this what about making different hubs so the user could interchange them to give different strokes thoughts anybody
    First off- one of each?! Lucky son of a gun. If you ever want to get rid of that bronze gen7 please PM me first
    Can you post a pic?

The interchangeable hub, with different angles for different strokes for different, a good idea in its mechanical simplicity, I always thought SD would offer just that. But that means a bit of a hassle to switch over. Not something I'd want to do in the middle of I tattoo if I wanted adjust the stroke, or of you just want to experiment and make small adjustments to find an ideal stroke, then the current setup of limit adjusters makes sense. Have you seen the just released pnuematic Intuition? It is, along with Hypers and Rotars and cheap hammers, made using the swashdrive design and is promising to make interchangeable hubs. I also
    Like how it has a much more simplified slide without many pivot points and extra parts. Be cool to see something like in the Gen 8, and with a real integrated RCA mount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. Doing a little more investigating to make sure I get close to what I'm looking for; then committing to a purchase

Post Thanks / Like
    Sage Oz hope you can see them OK the one on the left is the bronze /stainless on the right as to your question no not really looked at pneumatic in to my electric machines . I know you think its a bit of hassle changing hubs but we need to buy lots of machines lol the thing is if your trying to make tinny adjustment through out the tattoo i would have thought it would be easier to try different voltage and hand speeds. i know its tinkering but i think we are all so used to coil machines that we are trying to get that feel but these babies are a different beast and i love it. As for the gen8 well i hope so the whip is like cranking motion its not got the swashing motion that makes it awesome but i could be in love with a gen7 on the other hand the stigma v2 plentey of adjustment there !
    019.jpg