Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why i normally only buy from the manufacturer. I suppose I only went for it because it was from a company and not a private seller. When it arrived it looked exact, the thing is it has the logo on the side of it. I thought the ripoffs wouldn't have these, but it looks like they do. Man that blows! So, the machine getting hot is probably just because it's a cheap piece of garbage that is going to burnout.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you get a chance shoot an email over to Samyo about this at shawshdrive. They may be interested in knowing who is selling these knockoffs that. I know there is not much they can do to help your situation but its good for the manufacturers to track down this stuff.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a bunch! I know I am screwed, but I would like these jokers who pull this shit get nailed. I mean to actually put the logo on the side is low

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many fake whips out there. I have 2 real ones and I wanted to check out the fakes so I purchased one. cost me $110.00... Lets just say it is very hard to tell. The one I purchased says Swashdrive Whip on it, and came in the same plastic box. looks just like the real ones. Very hard to tell but they run a little slower because of the cheap motors.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a bad habit of running machines when not tattooing, at times just for the sake of the noise. I am trying to break that habit, and I have noticed that the machines that were getting hot, did not have it happen as much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    I have a bad habit of running machines when not tattooing, at times just for the sake of the noise. I am trying to break that habit, and I have noticed that the machines that were getting hot, did not have it happen as much.
    Thats probs because there is no resistance or put it another way, the machine is not running under any load or pressure...In the simplest of terms...Think of yourself on a Bicycle going down a hill, you have no pressure, or resistance, so free wheeling is nice and smooth..... and then think of yourself having to peddle up the hill...P

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same issue twice on the gen7 motors they will burn out(stop working). I had a neo tat get hot and slow down. My 1st centri number 26 just stop. I was using a $190 dual kingpin power supply never again will I put a $350+ machine on a psu cheaper than the machine itself unless its a centri hooked up to the Ems 400 or a critical psu. I'm now extra cautious to what power supply I use I think that has major role on how these MOTORS will act. I haven't had an issue since then.

iPad 3 user!