Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Machine getting hot

Hi, I just got a whip about 2 weeks ago and I noticed that on bigger pieces taking an hour or more the machine starts getting a little hot. Is this normal? It still seems to run fine just a little hot.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am unfamiliar with the Whip, but I once had an issue with my machine getting warm, and it turned out that the flywheel was rubbing on the motor housing.

Post Thanks / Like
    The whip is the latest Swashdrive machine from Tony Oliver. I like it a lot, it just gets kinda hot while using it, which makes me concerned the motor will burn out.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Motor will not burn. Maxon's spec sheet on the 216000 says that can operate under certain heat conditions usually cause for the motor load.
    I actually spoke to one of the Maxon representatives in the US and we went over this subject and they told me that the motor can run warm without affecting its functionality.

I would be more concern about axial wear if the motor heats up a lot than motor burning down.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I am hesitant to ask, as I hate the discussions that follow. Alas, are you positive that it is a genuine article?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess that's a concern. I purchased it from Amazon, from a supply company. It said it was a new completely genuine Swashdrive Whip missing the box. Now that you say that I feel really pissed. I am wondering did I get duped, I probably did. I paid $250, and it was a "legit" supply company, so I figured I had found a good deal. I have bought all my machines new and have never minded paying what they cost. So, now here is another concern, how would I tell if it's a fake one? I am new to rotaries and the forum, so I don't have a ton of experience with this, so I am sorry if I am starting a discussion that has been talked about a lot.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post some photos.. But most the time if it's too good to be true it is. 250 is pretty cheap for that machine. Where did you buy it from?
    Last edited by asA; 04-29-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you go on amazon youll still find another "brand new for $250 missing box” theres another clue.

Post Thanks / Like
    bro i can get the fake whips for 40 bucks.. sounds like thats what you got.. all my authentic machines have boxes and certs. i got taken on a mickey sharpz this way.. but i may add it runs just as good i think rotaries are a diffrent story. Look at the manufactuers website for suppliers and buy only from them.

Post Thanks / Like