Post Thanks / Like

Metaxa spitting out of the back stem and on to fly wheel...

Hi guys,

I have been using my Mike Metaxa rotary for a month or so now and I love it, it does everything so effortlessly and with such minimal trauma.
    However lately, when using anything above a 7 mag, it's spraying ink out of the back stem and up all over the fly wheel...and then my hand, it's really quite bizarre I've never seen anything like it.
    I'm using the same O ring and same brand of grommets that I used when I first got it and the problem only recently developed.
    Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thank you all for any help you might be able to offer and thank you to the moderators and the creators of this forum, it's truly a blessing.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    have you changed needles-sometimes a different brand will fit the slight grooves worn in metal tubetips different. also check the bearing for proper aligment-sometimes bearings get worn & wallowed out. also maybe oring has got bigger and is not putting proper tension on the needle bar.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    ive had the same issues with my dragonfly somthing to do with capillary action , i found adjusting the angel of bend i put on the needle bar helps also a little bit of petroleum on the needle bar stops the ink climbing up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    have you changed needles-sometimes a different brand will fit the slight grooves worn in metal tubetips different. also check the bearing for proper aligment-sometimes bearings get worn & wallowed out. also maybe oring has got bigger and is not putting proper tension on the needle bar.
    Nope, same needle brand, and my tips are relatively new also, a few months old. I spoke to Mike and he said he uses his O rings for up to a year without changing them. As the rotary is maybe two months old I doubt the bearing is out of alignment.
    Thanks for you help though man, appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barren View Post
    ive had the same issues with my dragonfly somthing to do with capillary action , i found adjusting the angel of bend i put on the needle bar helps also a little bit of petroleum on the needle bar stops the ink climbing up
    Good thinking with the petroleum, thanks mate.