Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Opinions on the Centri.....

I have tried a few Rotaries, but have yet to try a Centri...However, I was recently told that it is similar to the Hyper v2, which I already have...I dont want to shell out $600 plus Shipping and Customs to find the 2 Machines are similar...So what I am asking, is this...If you have tried the Centri, which Machine would you, most, compare it to...Then I will have a better idea of the Centri, thanks for any info...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one, and it is unlike any other machine I have ever used. My understanding is that the hyper is a lot like a swashdrive. I would not say that
    the Centri is anything like this swash

Post Thanks / Like
    nothing like the hyperv2 mate.
    My 2 favourite rotaries for black and grey are the hyper v2 and the Centri closely followed by 3mm stroke Neotat.
    The Centri doesn't really feel like any other rotary as although its rotary powered it really acts like a coil.
    I think the hyper runs like a fast running cutback shader where as the Centri would be more like a slower running shader with a very positive deliberate shading of dots .
    does that make sense. I wonder if other Centri users would agree?

sorry I see Owlsden has already answered pretty much the same.
    Last edited by tugg; 05-15-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    I have one, and it is unlike any other machine I have ever used. My understanding is that the hyper is a lot like a swashdrive. I would not say that
    the Centri is anything like this swash
    Agreed 100%

I think the Centri is totally unique. I can't compare it to any other machine I have tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    I think the hyper runs like a fast running cutback shader where as the Centri would be more like a slower running shader with a very positive deliberate shading of dots .
    HMMMM Interesting, so sorta like a Slow running, med hit Packer, set up for Pepper Shading...So the Centri is more for colourwork, than lining...I can't see past the SantaMaria Hybrid, for B&G...However, this has sparked my interest..

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny enough ive just got my centri today...although im back on the coils and loving them...i couldnt resist trying one...maybe get round to using it later in the week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    HMMMM Interesting, so sorta like a Slow running, med hit Packer, set up for Pepper Shading...So the Centri is more for colourwork, than lining...I can't see past the SantaMaria Hybrid, for B&G...However, this has sparked my interest..
    It is a perfect color machine. It slams color in fast and evenly. I have done a few pieces where I questioned wether or not I was thorough enough, and they healed fast and solid. It is great, it's almost like you slow down and it spreads up and makes coloring faster. Hard to explain.

Post Thanks / Like
    The centri is unlike any other machine is ever tried. Its in a class for itself bro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    It is a perfect color machine. It slams color in fast and evenly. I have done a few pieces where I questioned wether or not I was thorough enough, and they healed fast and solid. It is great, it's almost like you slow down and it spreads up and makes coloring faster. Hard to explain.
    There is a saying in the Coil World, "To Pack Fast you need to Slow Down"......@ elbo, keep me posted mate...Thanks to all...P.
    Last edited by skinmech; 05-15-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My only gripe or hold out on using the centri is the vibration. It's really kinda hard to get used to. It vibrates like well a vibrator.... It's especially weird when you take your foot off the pedal, it still continues to wiggle and jiggle around for like 3 seconds. It's kinda funny for the first few tattoos then it kinda makes you feel like you've had a little to much coffee. If you can get past that it's great