Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

No love for Swiss rotaries?

Just out of curiosity why is it that no ones talked about the true swiss rotary machines on here?? All I ever really read about are the stealths... Does anyone have any on here use them?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never used one yet but i am sure they run great I think the high price keeps people away from them as they are a basic machine with no give.I seen a used one one ebay once but got outbided.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Iam with you aevilla...I was wondering but I think its because no one has one... unimax has a good price on a basic black one... 379.00 I spoke with ray from neo tats and says he had one in his shop and they were nice..
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Came we get some love for the spaulding revolution and the camline system both american made and boths first in the industry.

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    ive used a swiss rotary years ago, its very silent and smooth. i especially love the weight. if u look closly the sealth is a copy of the swiss rotary, minus the heavy pricing. i still miss it to this date, i think im gonna invenst it in again, but now with so many rotary machine, i am spoilt for choices, and i do wanna try those with the 'give' adjustment , like stigma or dragonfly

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the Rapier has give and runs like a well tuned coil machine at a fair price.

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for suggesting slicksteel. i seen the website, they have the Rapier and Rapier 2 , do u happen to know whats the difference between the 2 of them? or is it just the color? thanks in advance

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inked View Post
    thanks for suggesting slicksteel. i seen the website, they have the Rapier and Rapier 2 , do u happen to know whats the difference between the 2 of them? or is it just the color? thanks in advance
    Stroke length is the main difference as far as I know.

If you are interested in trying a Rapier or Rapier II, give Cary a call. Like all the builders on the forum he's great guy to deal with and will sort you out with something that suits your style.
    Last edited by The Limey; 01-16-2011 at 04:34 AM.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the reason why not many people on here have a Swiss, is that there have been so many innovations in the rotary machine world that the Swiss got left behind. The price also seemed a little intimidating for many people, but there was the Stealth - it looked the same, and was a helluva lot cheaper. People used that as their 'intro to rotaries' because if they liked their coil machines better, it wasn't a huge loss. Once they liked using rotaries, they started seeing all these shiny new ones - machines with 'give', machines that had clips or contraptions so you didn't need rubber bands, pretty colors, unique designs....

Maybe if more of us on here were from Europe (and that's not to say we don't have many members from other countries) we'd have Swiss rotaries because they wouldn't cost as much with shipping and duty and would be more affordable? 350 euro could seem intimidating to a lot of people.

Even when I look up Swiss Rotary Tattoo Machine, I have to weed through a bunch of knockoffs before I find a real one.

I also think that the people who have other rotaries just happen to be chattier on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    True Alie k but there are supply companies that are distributors of the real swiss rotaries such as Unimax and papilon(although they do charge $20 more for the base model). I see more members talking about the swashdrive and how great it is, but in reality the swashdrive costs more and they appear to be pretty much the same in the aspect of having the same amount of "give"...which is little to none...that I know of lol. Slicksteel how do you like your rapiers? I've been itching to get my hands on one!