Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines specialtechnique's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    now i'm seeing your proposed tube vise. that would be plenty beefy and would hold up well over time. i will definitely need to weld that post on the motor housing out of steel, and welding is not yet in my repertoire. i have a few friends though :] i'm fairly certain i would put all the wiring and CLIPCORD CONTACTS :] on the motor housing, to avoid having to mess with the wiring when switching from liner to shader. i like your idea, it gives me some options i never thought of...
    My personal email: [email protected].

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines specialtechnique's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and i like your use of 'fore and aft'... this is how i describe the ends of the machine. i don't say the 'top' end of the machine, everyone has a different idea of what that is. i describe a machine like you would describe a ship... the bow, the stern, starboard and port. the tube vise end is the bow...
    My personal email: [email protected].

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess what? Deleted!
    Last edited by Sage Oz; 06-04-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The motor housing could be aluminum if the the pivot is beefy and has good overlap. I drew in some simple end stops so that the frame can only turn back and forth only 180" and stops at the aligned position, then clamp the pivot tight. The con-rod I think should be mounted on the long stroke side, which would be the liner side with the least flex and dampening. The short stroke side could be on the far end which would have more flex from the carbon rod. Have you guys tried titanium rod instead of carbon? Ti has great spring memory and energy absorption, a titanium bike spoke would work nice...

Post Thanks / Like
    D e l e t e d
    Last edited by Sage Oz; 06-10-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    and what if u put the connector say a rca plug on the bottom maybe inset some and on a piviot so when u switch back and forth u can pivot it to the other side of the machine and out of your hands way? i can sketch it if thats more easy lol. and great idea on the different stroke lengths.

Post Thanks / Like
    That'd work too. There's a lot of various ways to attach power, I just drew it the way it'd like it because i like rca it doesn't flop around and is at a nice angle for me and I like a wrap around frame that keeps the bags and cord from touching the moving bits. A pivoting connector would be great as well... it's kinda nice when the weight or contact of the cord doesn't interfere with the movement of your hand or the moving parts...

Post Thanks / Like
    Btw thanks for the props! It's fun to come up with new ideas. I've seen those double ended motors before and was always thinking it'd could be something cool but had no idea what, you made a sweet new cool thing and it got me inspired. It's rad to have ideas bounce back and forth, it'll be awesome to see what twists you add!

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa did I say twists?

Post Thanks / Like
    this is cool and all brian but could stop messing around and finish making those trackers. This money is burning a whole in my pocket. hahaha.