Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting German made rotary

Found this Rotary on eBay. Not sure why they make a point of you being able to cut the loop of the needle bar and mount them that way or too keen on their clip cord connector but, interesting none the less.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

2. Like slicksteel liked this post.
    Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it me, or is the tube vice really short, in comparison to where the needle eye is? I would think that you need EXTRA EXTRA long tubes to work with that. The one that's pictured in the machine looks exceptionally long.

machine.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alie K View Post
    Is it me, or is the tube vice really short, in comparison to where the needle eye is? I would think that you need EXTRA EXTRA long tubes to work with that. The one that's pictured in the machine looks exceptionally long.
    Well if you cut the loop off as they show in one of the photos you'd have a shorter needle bar then normal so I'm not sure Alie, maybe its just set up weird in the photo?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seriously never seen such a long tube/tail/tip combo before! If I were to screw it together, I don't think the set screw would touch the tip. It looks like it's pulled out just far enough to that it doesn't fall out. I don't know about you, but when I assemble tubes, I end up with the little wash-hole (seriously, what's that called? I'm drawing a blank) just a few mm from the end of my grip. This one looks like it's as far out as it can go. The tail looks like that too...

Kinda reminds me of Sunday morning Godzilla movies back in the 70's where they took the extra wide film version and squished it to fit a tv, so all the people and everything looked tall and skinny....
    Last edited by Alie K; 01-16-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does look really long, maybe its just pushed together or perhaps the guy tattoos like that?

I'm the same as you; even with disposables I slide the grip right down so its at the edge of the wash hole. I actually wish I had access to a machine shop as I'd make myself some grips with a cut out for the wash hole so I could slide them even lower... maybe its all part of being a south paw lol!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think it was made for the eyeloops to be off-also look at the sloppy clipcord connect that will realy run smooth!lol

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I was hoping that the picture was of a machine without a cover or something on the back. Maybe they aren't as flimsy as they look? I wonder if anyone has one of these?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. look how close the needle bar loop is to the vise. thats why they sell it with their tubes, there's no tube on earth (except theirs) that could accommodate a needle bar on that machine..another thing that worries me is, you would need a very heavy grip to counter balance how far the motor is from the back of your hand.that thing looks very back heavy...I do like the idea of cutting off the eye loop and feeding the needle bar through that contraption though.that would bring the weight more forward towards your hand and you could use a regular tube...ofcourse your needle bar would be really short...maybe half the size of a standard needle bar....

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked at it again...where would you put rubberbands? there's no room for even a rubberband since all of the needle bar is in the vise or the tube...

Post Thanks / Like
    Jose Algarvio work witch this stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/tribaltattooportugal