Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
    When I spoke to Ray, about using T-tech/Hawk cartridges he recommended switching from the superlube grease supplied to the oil, worth a try if you are getting heat build up or having to flick the slider to start your machine.
    Well, I'm using a tube labelled "super lube multi-purpose synthetic based oil with PTFE". Is that what you're referring to? And I"m using a Bishop, not Neotat, although they are basically the same thing.

I've used the Bishop with normal everyday tube/tip/grip/needle setup, it works fine. It only has this heating up problem if I try to use it with Hawk cartridges. Needless to say I will not be running it like that anymore. I will try it with T-tech, see if that eliminates the problem.

And speaking of t-tech, they are out of stock on almost all their cartridges. Another poster here shared an email back in early May, where t-tech stated they'd be restocking in about 4 weeks. Well it's been over 8 now WTF.

If I'm going to be a regular user of the product, I need the damn product. Pretty lame.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two things that can usually cause the heat are the glide and the return spring. If you run it with the ttech system it has a elastic in the tip like a return spring. if noise will not bother you try running it without the spring in the machine. the elastic on the tip should return it to 12 o'clock but the machine may start to make some noise when you run it.

no spring will not harm the machine if you run it with a normal tip and tube needle combo it will just be loud and can stop in the 6 o'clock position so be aware when you are handling it can have the business end sticking out when its not running.

i hope this makes sense. its late i spent the evening on a patio and im typing on my phone.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

3. Thanks studio88 thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks admin, yes it makes sense. I think you're right, the machine now has to push down 2 springs when using Hawk/T-Tech. The Hawk spring tension is higher, requires more force, I think this is causing the strain on the motor. I will try with T-Tech, hopefully since they move easier it won't heat up.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, that's the stuff! I only had issues using my long stroke Neotat but it was with both Hawk & T-Tech cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by studio88 View Post
    Well, I'm using a tube labelled "super lube multi-purpose synthetic based oil with PTFE". Is that what you're referring to? And I"m using a Bishop, not Neotat, although they are basically the same thing.

I've used the Bishop with normal everyday tube/tip/grip/needle setup, it works fine. It only has this heating up problem if I try to use it with Hawk cartridges. Needless to say I will not be running it like that anymore. I will try it with T-tech, see if that eliminates the problem.

And speaking of t-tech, they are out of stock on almost all their cartridges. Another poster here shared an email back in early May, where t-tech stated they'd be restocking in about 4 weeks. Well it's been over 8 now WTF.

If I'm going to be a regular user of the product, I need the damn product. Pretty lame.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it with my Capo RCA and the flex grip spun when tilted on its side! And changes needle depth along with it. It's also longer than t tech grip so alittle more cramped when tattooing shoulder/neck area. I would go t tech.....they just need to keep carts available more often.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been in contact with T-Tech and in late July early August they will be coming out with a new tip design and disposable tubes to use with the tips. That is the reason for them not having a lot in stock. Also the HM La Nina I just got, works great as an all around machine. Lined and shaded this today with a T-Tech tube and needles. First time using this set upImageUploadedByTapatalk1341723387.386977.jpg