Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's my all RadioShack store made one. Took about an hour or so to figure out and make. I also used 3 switches and ports, I highly recommend having one. ASA you get used to the cords after a bit, I got twisted a lot for the first week but been way easier since then no more switching over. I just put barrier film over the front as far as having to touch things but that guitar switch idea is pretty sweet too...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    here's my all RadioShack store made one. Took about an hour or so to figure out and make. I also used 3 switches and ports, I highly recommend having one. ASA you get used to the cords after a bit, I got twisted a lot for the first week but been way easier since then no more switching over. I just put barrier film over the front as far as having to touch things but that guitar switch idea is pretty sweet too...
    Using ttechs I don't switch machines, haha. Also swapping RCAs seem easier than baggin 3 clip cords and a switchy dewhicky and trying not to tie my cords in a knot. it's cool to tinker and build stuff though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hellraiser the way you say "the switchinaaatooor!” has been stuck in my head for a couple of days now lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a double box like this, it makes tattooing much easier. 2 cords are easy to manage, I can see how 3 or 4 could get tricky.
    My next project is to build a multi switch and foot peddle plug into the base of a Tat Soul chair.

Post Thanks / Like
    598472_452030298158474_2114054315_n.jpg

Here is my Switch-A-Nator! Could not live with out it.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    switch_box.jpgThis is the first one I built a few months ago. After seeing the ones you guys built I want to move the switch to the top. Then I can use the center hole for another plug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    switch_box.jpgThis is the first one I built a few months ago. After seeing the ones you guys built I want to move the switch to the top. Then I can use the center hole for another plug.
    I have one with the switch on the side as well and I personally did not like it there. I also have magnets on the bottom of mine to help it stick to the stainless top of my station
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
    I have one with the switch on the side as well and I personally did not like it there. I also have magnets on the bottom of mine to help it stick to the stainless top of my station
    I attached mine to the side of a cabinet with heavy duty velcro. Not sure if it is it's permanent home or not. I'm thinking about mounting it under the tattoo chair so I don't have cords passing me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I attached mine to the side of a cabinet with heavy duty velcro. Not sure if it is it's permanent home or not. I'm thinking about mounting it under the tattoo chair so I don't have cords passing me...
    That could be a good idea, to the base right? So the cords don't wrap around the chair as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
    That could be a good idea, to the base right? So the cords don't wrap around the chair as well.
    Yes to the base is the plan as of now. Then run a stage quality guitar cord from the power supply to the box. That should be strong enough to stop damage from rolling over it.
    A couple of my artists have the older style TatSoul chairs. I want to build the box right into the fiberglass base. I have the parts, someday I'll get the time to put it all together...