Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    cant wait too

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my Primus arrived today as promised..... Sadly though my day ran hideously behind schedule and I didn't even get an opportunity to get a good look at it, let alone give it a run.

Still, all being well I should have some time prior to my first session in the morning to at least have a fiddle with it and I really can't wait.

As I mentioned in my 'Greetings' thread, I've used Sunskin coils exclusively for the last couple of years and have always been very impressed them, so the prospect of their Rotary is very intriguing - I genuinely don't recall ever being so excited at the thought of trying out a new piece of kit.

So yeah, as soon as I've had a little time to have a tinker and get a feel for the machine I'll very gladly post my impressions.

In the meantime, throwhammers - assuming you've had the opportunity to get the Primus running optimally, any advice as to how to approach it with regard to Voltage etc.?
    Last edited by Cain; 06-13-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder if primus users will chant primus sucks while tattooing

4. Like Cain liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to add thatI received an email from the guys at Sunskin stating that they read the review of the machine, and are already working on a new needlebar tensioner (they also offered to replace the one on the machine I used should I happen to be at any conventions they are at). I^m super impressed with this machine, and the company in general after this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    In the meantime, throwhammers - assuming you've had the opportunity to get the Primus running optimally, any advice as to how to approach it with regard to Voltage etc.?
    I had good results running it around 9.5-10v for pretty much everything.

6. Thanks Cain thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been working with my primus and it truly is an awesome machine. Ive always used my sunskin handbuilt coil for shading and nothing has ever come close to the softness it can achieve. Unfortunately it works best with needla groupings 11 and under thus being limited in its usage.
    Enter the Primus, jumps to life at 4v and does a geat job as a soft shader at around 5v. Pushes every needle grouping with ease and truly is the first machine I've been able to use as a soft shader with my 23 mags.
    Dearly recommended to anyone wanting a soft reliable shader without buying a coil