Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Broke tube vice on swash

co-worker of mine has a broken Swash drive. Her tube vice broke today and was wondering if anyone has had this happen? Thinking of attempting to fix it with JB Plastic Weld. Not sure if that will work or not. Looking for any advice or possable fixes besides tossing it in the junk.
    swash.jpg

2. Thanks Samyo thanked for this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im sure they will fix it for you or send you a new body.
    I never understood why a part that is subject to torque would be made out of plastic.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

4. Thanks Samyo thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's a bummer. I hope it gets fixed. Keep us all updated.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

6. Like CROWN Machines liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    happened to a friend - same place

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen the threading strip on those a few times, first time seeing that. That's a bummer dude...

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Post Thanks / Like
    She says she fixed the problem by swapping out the frame from one with a dead motor. Not very good luck for one and a half year old machines.
    She also said she isn't willing to pay the shipping to send them to Australia, so sending them in for repair isn't an option for her at $50 each way.
    My thought, it gives her an opportunity to play with new toys. She is ordering a Vivace tomorrow. I say good for her, time to branch out to other toys...

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't have to crank down so hard on the vice of the Gen 7. Just snug it up. I think folks are cranking on em like it was an iron frame.

11. Thanks Samyo thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    same happened on the whip that my lad was using only had it a couple of weeks hes got two more that hes been using for a while now never had a problem.
    barbers(dts) wont replace or help him in anyway must just be a design fault

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sadly it happens occasionally and no it is not a design fault .. we have thousands of machines out there now and we get a handfull every year that the vice breaks ..

When people us about it we do our best to get it fixed ... sometimes you can get a bubble in the moulding process that causes a weak point .. generally it is not a problem, but if you go all Gorilla on it might break .. there are other people who strip the thread so clearly it can take a lot of stress

Yes I agree shipping to Australia is an expensive pain, that is the problem of living in our little tropical paradise ... I am happy to send motors or bodies to repairs machines ... we offer it both ways ... If you are not confident with fixing it yourself then send it to us and we will fix it ....

Cornish .... send me an e-mail ... [email protected] ... I will organise to get your whip sorted .. I am not sure what Barbers story in on that ... as for anyone else ... talk to us ... we will always do what we can to support our machines genuine customers.

14. Like CROWN Machines liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Samyo it 's nice to know we have all support from swashdrive about about this kind of stuff...