Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I would comfortably pay that also, He is an amazing artist. I love his bugs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scotty M does some good stuff! Ive had the same problem with people. Tough dry skin mostly, hard to tattoo, just work on them slow and steady.
    Keep on, Keepin on!
    www.porvidacs.com
    Con Safos

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find younger people, especially girls tend to have very "elastic" skin. Maybe you just need to work on a solid three point stretch, or borrow a different machine from a colleague to try out for packing colour.

I would definitely recommend checking out guy aitchisons "reinventing the tattoo" he goes into great detail about getting good stretch in areas like the back of the arm near armpits etc.
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.

4. Thanks Miss Elizabeth thanked for this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had this before a few times--have them use cocoa butter on the skin for at least a few days before tattooing,also massage the skin a bit and try to get to get the client drink plenty of water for a few days. Some people have really tough skin due to a lot of outside factors-tanning etc. Put more pressure on the needle without getting crazy. Make sure you do a really good stretch.Dont use to thick of pigment. Slow down your hand speed. Some people have large open pored skin and some have very small tight netted skin -look close at it under a light and you will see. Think of skin as a basket weave- a tight weaved one is hard to poke thru as and the loose weave is easy-a standard super long taper will work better as it will slide in easy but is still strong enough to hold a lasting point.Also switch out your needles after a hour are two as this type of skin can really blunt them quick(which works great for soft skin-like a bullet taper).
    Also you might want to switch to a really hard slappy slow running coil-I have one I pull out for skin like this or very large mags-the thing with rotarys is when you use large sizes are have really tough skin you must do the popping in/push as a hard hitting coil slow coil slaps it/pops it in past the outside touch layer.
    Hope this helps!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    im in oregon and $100 is starting rate for most in my area thats about what every one charges to $120 some more and a few in the 200 $250 range. i charge $120 and have been licensed going on three years i wanted to stay at $100 but my boss made me raise my price cause he went to $150 im $120 and the two new guys are $100. but i say it depends where u live and the quality of work u are putting out. seems like people are cheap around here they not like to spend extra on a quality artist but i do have alot of loyal clients so that helps. but its been dead here the last month

Post Thanks / Like
    oh and if some one wants to look at my work look me up on face book chris higgins black magic tattoos. let me know what u think of my work and is $120 a fair price for the quality of work i put out

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chris higgins View Post
    oh and if some one wants to look at my work look me up on face book chris higgins black magic tattoos. let me know what u think of my work and is $120 a fair price for the quality of work i put out
    Friended Ya and yeah your worth $120.00 per hour.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had a few customers where it seemed that no matter what I did the ink would not stay. one of them I went over the color 6 fricken times till i got acceptable results. each time I moved slower and slower too. Sometimes it helps to just do a little at a time. I did ask him to moisture his skin two weeks before any appointment.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do a little reading up on "langers lines" its a skin grain diagram that will show you what direction the skin is most elastic. Helps you to visualize the direction to pull a drum tight stretch. This is commonly used by plastic surgeons to be able to cut along the grain to help hide scars.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

11. Like thesmokingmirror liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Do a little reading up on "langers lines" its a skin grain diagram that will show you what direction the skin is most elastic. Helps you to visualize the direction to pull a drum tight stretch. This is commonly used by plastic surgeons to be able to cut along the grain to help hide scars.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.
    So does it work best to stretch along the line or against the line ??? Just as reference it's a good study.