Hi guys, I am currently working on a sleeve for a client, she is around 23 and quite physically fit, no obvious skin conditions or stretchmarks.
My problem is that her skin simply does not take ink well. I have tried adjusting the needles out further, tried stretching more than normal, tried a different brand of ink (I normally use only eternal inks) but NOTHING will make her skin take ink better.
Its so bad that a 3 inch section that would normally take me around an hour or 2 takes me 3 or 4 because I have to keep going over it. Not to the point of carving it up obviously, but still far more than I would with any other customer. I have seen 3 out of 4 of her sittings so far, nothing has scarred and everything has healed up fine, but not as detailed as I would like as you have to really pound in the colour over and over.
I am wondering if perhaps she is dehydrated? Or if there is any kind of lotion I can recommend for a week or so prior to getting her next sitting? Her skin feels tough and thick, but is not visibly dry.
It is upsetting because it is a beautiful sleeve that we designed, but it is now taking waaaay too long, and I genuinely feel bad charging her for the amount of time it is taking.
Anyone encountered anything like this? what would you recommend?