Post Thanks / Like

Rotary works machine - Clipcord arms loose or bad connection?

Hi! I have a rotary works, i got it last year but as it was my first rotary and i was a little dubious about throwing myself in with it; i hadnt used it much, also it cuts out and i couldnt work out what was wrong with it. I've started using it more lately and i quickly realised that if my clipcord moves at all whilst im working thats when it cuts out, so ive had to sort of wrap my clipcord around the body of the machine to keep it in the same place whilst i work, which isnt really that convenient does anyone else have this problem or know of a way to sort it out? one of my colleagues took a look but doesnt use rotaries and doesnt want to take it apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing you could do is cut a slot in the binding posts wide enough to deep the clip cord from moving when it is inserted.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got 2 and use a clipcord , I have never had a problem .
    It might be as simple as changing your clipcord try borrowing a co-workers

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you have a support on there for the binding posts? Dale's original machines had it so just the pegs stuck out without anything to support them in between and if you have a high tension clip cord it used to cause the contacts to come loose. if you bring the issue to his attention he may be able to help you. i also saw a special machine he made for the guys from needle runner that had slots cut out so the pegs looked like a needle runner. this appeared to be a way to keep the Clipcord from moving too much and cutting out.

Facebook is the quick way to normally get dales attention. if you don't get a quick response he is usually traveling.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dale's a great guy and he will deffinitly help you out, BUT be patient as he does get snowed under with work, and that's because his machines are so popular.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, it doesnt have a support, its just the two little pegs sticking out. i will get in touch and ask him. I love this machine when its running nicely, i think im going to buy another one anyway.