Post Thanks / Like

Black & grey mom portrait

This was his first real tattoo; on the underarm/inner bicep. I would have liked some more time but you know...bitches be trippin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	portrait72dpi.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	11333

2. Like Wonderland liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    come on kids lets hear it daddy aint scared I aint no hurtado or devries but I can zap a tatty and I can take criticism Im a big boy

Post Thanks / Like
    im not one to judge or crit portraits, (i hate doing them) but since you asked...here is what I notice. If you look on the left side of the photo, the eye is lower than the other eye, but on the same side, the nostril is higher up. It sorta throws your alignments off and makes the one side of the nose noticeably shorter than the other. Not sure if that makes sense..hard to describe I guess. As far as the technical aspects, I think maybe the dark areas of the "line" from nostril to side of mouth may be a bit too dark. There doesn't appear to be a light source strong enough or angled enough to create that sorta dark value. So overall I would say watch your alignments, and keep a close eye on the value relationships.
    Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont' have photoshop on my home computer, but I tried to use a few lines to show what I mean...hope this helps a bit and you don't mind me doing this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	portrait72dpi.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	11354

Post Thanks / Like
    faces are not symetrical, and drawing rules cannot always be transfered. with some portraits it`s better to not put them in the portfolio ( because the person itself is not so pretty). this is one of those portraits. from a technical view, it is ok, except one thing. i see lines ! you did line the hairs. better don`t do that. only do shadows and shapes, no single hairs. also the eyelashes are just a few lines. try a 7 flat shader and give them more volume. no critique just some tips.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see a reference before I'd say anything
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation