Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    that's exactly what i did....I ordered a Spektra 3 days ago and I picked up another stroke wheel so I could find what works for me. I'm already stashing cash for another Spektra and figured in the meantime I could just swap out the stroke wheels and compare the dif. strokes...get rid of the guess work and order the motorbolt I want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it's definitely worth doing a multiple buy with these babies you won't regret it!

Post Thanks / Like

2.5 spektra & old no.13 brand b&g wash

I finally got to use my 2.5 spektra today. I have NEVER used a machine that puts b&g in this easy! I will not ever be w/out a Spektra again. I also did a small color piece w/ my 3.6 Spektra yesterday w/ little effort. WOW!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    I finally got to use my 2.5 spektra today. I have NEVER used a machine that puts b&g in this easy! I will not ever be w/out a Spektra again. I also did a small color piece w/ my 3.6 Spektra yesterday w/ little effort. WOW!
    I might have to try the 2.5 I've been stuck to the 3.2 personally Today Juan Salgado did a piece during his guest spot at our shop with it and the piece came out so smooth. Here it is. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You should, I streched the skin just normal stretch & it was really like using a marker.

Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    I might have to try the 2.5 I've been stuck to the 3.2 personally Today Juan Salgado did a piece during his guest spot at our shop with it and the piece came out so smooth. Here it is. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Post Thanks / Like
    I was using the Old No.13 B&G set. By the way.

Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    You should, I streched the skin just normal stretch & it was really like using a marker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just took notice to view count on this thread...26,000 & some change? wow...
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    my only complaint is that when i get it up to around 10 volts for lining...there is noticeable vibration....was wondering if it's just the tubes i'm using.
    I am using tatsoul wrath tubes.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-in-cali View Post
    my only complaint is that when i get it up to around 10 volts for lining...there is noticeable vibration....was wondering if it's just the tubes i'm using.
    Use extra rubber bands! What stoke do you have?. at 10 V you get very high RPMs. Remember the machine is really light and the centrifugal force kicks in at that range. You may not need all that voltage. I use 3.2 for lining at 8.5, 9V again i never use anything bigger than a 9 tight. I've heard people in here using 13RL with ease. If you are using some large grouping try to stick to thick wrath or slam some stainless steels to compensate. I tried the new Morphix grip covers and really like them. That may help you too. Feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.
    Gaston
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-in-cali View Post
    Try a grip like this...32mm stainless....I line at 10.3 volts using 14 liners for jap work....Ok the grip is heavier than the machine but vibration isnt a problem as it soaks up the vibrations....And i find it steadies the hand...a 28 or 30 diameter will no doubt work too...

I would never use a lightweight disposable tube/grip for lining....although i love em for shading...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by elbo; 08-20-2012 at 02:27 AM.