Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Basically the 3.2 and up is ideal for all around. We have also a longer stroke 4mm. We will have 2.5 for 2.8 more or less for people that prefer shorter stroke down the line.
    I personally use the 3.2 it's perfect to me for everything. Plus I like to hang my needle when lining. So the 4mm is too long for me.
    When lining release the give a bit, tight it all the way in and release the adjustment know until you get some minimal give, that will give you stronger strike when lining than if you line with the stroke tight all the way.

For coloring I like to release a bit the give as well. For black and grey I recommend it tight almost no give. But again these are just suggestions. I'm sure you guys can come up with new formulas as well
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say the spektra is the best "allround" rotary ive ever used and ive used alot!....Lining is so positive and this machine is capable of sweet neat lines and its not scared of big groupings as i use 14's with it no problem....I have no doubt its making my B&G so much easier and colour packing with a 15 mag is so easy its almost unbelievable!...I love this machine and have ordered another.I have no doubt that i will end up with at least 5 of these babies....10 out of 10 in every catagory...Top class machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    ive just ordered 2 i cant wait to try it out that dragon you lined with it looked sweet elbo.and good for 15 mags cant wait.. i can feel machine acquisition frenzy closing in ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elbo View Post
    I have to say the spektra is the best "allround" rotary ive ever used and ive used alot!....Lining is so positive and this machine is capable of sweet neat lines and its not scared of big groupings as i use 14's with it no problem....I have no doubt its making my B&G so much easier and colour packing with a 15 mag is so easy its almost unbelievable!...I love this machine and have ordered another.I have no doubt that i will end up with at least 5 of these babies....10 out of 10 in every catagory...Top class machines.
    Thanks bro, glad you like it. What's the biggest round you used, just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tgseh View Post
    ive just ordered 2 i cant wait to try it out that dragon you lined with it looked sweet elbo.and good for 15 mags cant wait.. i can feel machine acquisition frenzy closing in ....
    yeah that dragon was sweet. Machine helped but skills are always required

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    Thanks bro, glad you like it. What's the biggest round you used, just curious.
    Biggest rounds i used with it are 14 liners ....I have got some 18 liners which i know the spektra will push if needed....What a machine!

Post Thanks / Like
    picked up the spectra this weekend at Tattoolapalooza.... excuse my french, but this machine is fucking dope!! very well balanced and extremely light weight. the color flows right in and saturates effortlessly. i bought the 4mm, but also bought the 3.2mm stroke bearing. i ended up swapping the bearings out because i felt the 4mm was a bit more than i needed. the 3.2 was perfect. only got to use it once so far, but was extremely pleased. can't wait to use it a bit more and try it on some linework.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lammy2012 View Post
    picked up the spectra this weekend at Tattoolapalooza.... excuse my french, but this machine is fucking dope!! very well balanced and extremely light weight. the color flows right in and saturates effortlessly. i bought the 4mm, but also bought the 3.2mm stroke bearing. i ended up swapping the bearings out because i felt the 4mm was a bit more than i needed. the 3.2 was perfect. only got to use it once so far, but was extremely pleased. can't wait to use it a bit more and try it on some linework.
    Lammy, great to meet you there and thank you for the feedback. You are not only a cool dude but also an amazing artist.
    Keep up the great work and should you have any questions please let me know.

Gaston

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lammy2012 View Post
    i bought the 4mm, but also bought the 3.2mm stroke bearing. i ended up swapping the bearings out because i felt the 4mm was a bit more than i needed. the 3.2 was perfect.
    So you can buy separate bearings if you wish to try out different strokes? How much are the extra bearings? This machine is my next purchase, I know Gaston has literaly obsessed over every detail of this machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Gaston, you've really hit the nail on the head on this one! I finally got to use my 3.2mm with a lot of give on color blending today and it's by far my favorite of them all (and I've tried literally every rotary out there!). There is nothing but positive things to say about this, size, weight, very quiet and pleasant, even with max give. Autoclavable and the motorbolt system is genius. I can't wait to line with it and I will definitely buy at least 2-3 more bodies and different stroke lengths in the future. Everything I've wanted in a tattoo machine period is in the Spektra! Bad news, I've got a top drawer full of other machines I'll probably never touch again

11. Like Jan Li liked this post.