Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crabink View Post
    ok post tattoo review..

Ummm... she was smoking hot... lol
    crab what did u think of the halo?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It literally has no give lol... i mean the amount of force it takes to get the give to raise even with 4 to 5 full turns out is more force than I would ever use tattooing.. so like I said.. its basically a DD for me.... but that being said.. I like DD machines and the ink flew in.. machine was quiet and smooth..no vibration at all with my steel tubes, 5/8 barell, all surrounded by a fat silicone grenade grip from lucky's tattoo supply.

Since I learned how to use rotaries I don't care to much if a machine has give... too much give like with a Prodigy or Dragonfly can cause float and not enough saturation, but they have a place in an arsenal for sure.

So it's pretty sweet. I plan on using it a lot...

One thing for sure.. this machine is made way better than the Prodigy... that machine has side to side sway on the nipple.. the bolt wasn't secured well and if u hit it, it would come loose... fuck that machine. Had a great give system but that's about it.

really happy with the Halo... colors fast and solid.. i'll post some tat pics when i get a fat piece in the next few days.

I'm sure Gaston has a softer model in the works... If he had a softer model he would have the market sown up... I mean he can make a direct drive if he wants to .. but the Halo hits hard and it pretty much fills that spot in my opinion, plus its adjustable. I don't think to many hard core Halo users open the give at all... or care too lol
    Last edited by crabink; 04-17-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crabink View Post
    Tattoo review
    So it has almost no give? Surprising because I was under the impression that it was significant due to word of mouth and the "no-give halo request" thread on this forum. Also a lil disappointing because that's what I was looking forward too. I intended to make it super soft for BnG and then turn it up for color. I guess I'll still have to see for myself no matter what anyway cause I wont know how it feels until I try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Halo has heaps of give, as much as you could ever want I've been using my Halo's exclusively for over 5 months now, sold all my coils, this machine does everything with ease, is super slick and refined and has just made my general tattooing day easier, just plug and play

Post Thanks / Like
    Well at first i didnt like it cause it hit way too hard. but it loosened up a bit and thats when i really started liking it.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not saying it has no give..... just not as much as the V3 or Prodigy.. it has give, but only when i turn it 5- or 6 good turns.. any more and the that and when I would run it the give cap would start to vibrate loser and loser opening up the give more and more on its own.

Maybe the spring gets looser and looser as time goes on...maybe a good break in session will do it...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok... i think they lubed this bitch way to much... i took all the lube off of the give cap threading inside and out and I think maybe the self loosening problem has stopped... that being said it would be nice to have 2 or 3 shorter sized springs to change in the machine so that you can get more give with less turns.. I am sure Gaston play tested this machine and figured this is the perfect sized spring, and it might be... This is a game of utter millimeters. I actually think 2 or 3 coils less would be perfect because I have to give it 4 complete 360 turns before I notice even the slightest change from hard to medium give 3 more turns and we are there with a little more give... Now keep in mind 8 full turns and the cap comes off. I know you don't need a lot of give on a rotary, just a little to take the edge off. I know compared to coil give it's a different beast all together. And I am not even going in that direction (been there done that, learned a lot)

However, I would love to find a way to make the threading of the give cap tighter and more sturdy so it doesn't unwind itself ever again.... because I will be using this machine with 5-7 turns of give I am sure and I don't want to worry about the cap changing even the slightest position while I am tattooing, or coming off all together.

Is there something like a lube or oil that you can actually put on threading to make it a little tacky?

Because I want the give setting to stay right were I set it. I mean am I wrong to expect any less?
    Last edited by crabink; 04-18-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe gaston mentioned somewhere you could clip off a coil or two on the spring for more give, but I also remember talk of a spring set that will be available soon. Im holding off for that, as I like to have mine turned out almost all the way as well. I've never had an issue with it unscrewing though. Another thing I've noticed is the give became slightly more responsive after multiple sessions breaking it in, but still doesn't seem to be just where I want it. Maybe I haven't figured it out yet and need to spend more time feeling its character..I must say though everything so far has healed beautifully! Using this on my leg was definitely intimidating at first..

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    crabink cut a small piece of teflon tape and wrap it around the threads then put the cap back on it only takes abotu 1.5 wraps just enough to hold the tape on too much and the cap wont fit, but it keeps that thing nice and solid it will never turn on you again!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah teflon was my first guess... ill do that .. jut hope they sell black teflon tape so i will remain murdered out lol