Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it normal for the machine to stop in the down position every so often? Not commonly, maybe once or twice a session? Do I need to lube the slider maybe? I only got about 20 to 30 hours on it so far.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you are not using too mich needle tension and that you dont have too much needle friction against the tube. If that is cleared theb take it apart clean it and relube it without abusing the oil. Then run it for 5 secs at 16 volts stop and do that again. It should be good to go. The machine will break in with use and that will diminish over time.
    Last edited by fkirons; 06-15-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You are a wise man. I usually do a slight bend close to the needles so it rides flat against the tube in case it gets bowed. It does usually happens after a while probably with build up in the tube. I'll start bending it less and I think that'll fix things

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmillerink View Post
    You are a wise man. I usually do a slight bend close to the needles so it rides flat against the tube in case it gets bowed. It does usually happens after a while probably with build up in the tube. I'll start bending it less and I think that'll fix things
    That's correct man
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK... continuation of my Halo venture.

I ordered a new Halo, graphite color with the new improved slider. Since I have 3 Halos now I am able to compare the difference.
    My new Halo is fucking juice. It is so damn smooth. Feels like I am massaging the ink in the skin. I feel like it is a vast improvement.
    And another thing I noticed is that the new give spring is shorter.... lol yes Gaston I noticed. but I still cut it down lmfao...

Sending my others in very soon and will continue using them exclusively... sold everything else..
    When you way the pros and cons the Halo does it all. I use the 3.2 for black and grey and my rounds shaders, and i use the 3.6 for color and the 4mm for lining
    Dragonfly's were not versatile enough by design and way overpriced. V3 is a solid machine, but limited to one stroke size.
    The Prodigy's motor bolt is crap and there is to much side to side play with the nipple head.
    Would say Inkjecta and the hawk are the only solid competitors that continue with innovation and design.
    Yet they are DD and still limited, however the flite v2 is going the right direction with dampening bar system.

That being said I would love to see a Halo with an ego like, yet improve rubber style dampening system... that way it becomes more continuous and dependable.
    A DD with adjustable dampening is the shit in my opinion and far superior to spring give. Spring give is just ok...
    Remember a DD or linear style rotary machine does not need give, it needs a dampening system that slightly takes the edge off so that the saturation
    remains the same, but trauma is reduced.
    I know that spring give works, yet can reduce impregnation, but a rubber dampening system, its firmer and still keeps the hit, but just takes some bite out of it...
    If the Ego was made of aluminum, had a pin to secure the nipple bar from coming out and had interchangeable cams, i would own 4 of em.

The Halo is the best most dependable bang for the buck, when you break down the machine you realize that this will last a long time.
    It's not built to fall apart or ware out. It is easily the most versatile machine. There is no hit you cant produce and if you want to use it like a DD you can.
    In fact I use mine like a DD, and if i need to take off some bite I open the give and only then.
    I do dream of a rubberized give style DD Halo, but for now its perfect.
    Hell even a DD style Halo with inkjekta style give bars would be sick.

Slam fucking dunk Gaston.
    Oh and by the way I need 10 RPG grips ASAP
    Last edited by crabink; 07-05-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

6. Thanks Guzumaki thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh now I want to try the new ones super funkin bad lol! I also can't wait to get my hands on a aluminum coil machine. If I didn't have six bambinos and one on the way I woulda bought some a long time ago!!

Post Thanks / Like
    damn Gaston told me to read this thread, didn't know it would take me two hours to do it though!, lmao. very informative. so excited for when I get mine now, and am kind of glad im just doing so. with all the changes and new cart grip system, etc. f**king kid at Christmas, homies!

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got my halo and I have used it one a few tattoos.

I love this thing. So far I have lined withit and done some color shading with it. Lines like a laser in one pass. And puts the color in just right but can still feather stuff out.

I got a 3.2 stroke I was told it had the new slider in it. I started with a disposable on the first time lining and it vibrates quite a bit. I used ss on the shading and the lining today. It still vibrates but not as bad. Do the new ones vibrate and the old ones shook? I am just curious because I have been reading how smooth the new sliders are and mine is not smooth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sacredsouls View Post
    So I got my halo and I have used it one a few tattoos.

I love this thing. So far I have lined withit and done some color shading with it. Lines like a laser in one pass. And puts the color in just right but can still feather stuff out.

I got a 3.2 stroke I was told it had the new slider in it. I started with a disposable on the first time lining and it vibrates quite a bit. I used ss on the shading and the lining today. It still vibrates but not as bad. Do the new ones vibrate and the old ones shook? I am just curious because I have been reading how smooth the new sliders are and mine is not smooth.
    Contact Kayliegh from FK on here & they will make it right.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaston already pm'd me and gave me a check lost of stuff to do.