Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sacredsouls View Post
    Gaston already pm'd me and gave me a check lost of stuff to do.
    Even easier call me on my cell I just PM you my number
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Less than 8 minutes huh, that's pretty good.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

3. Like MrNate liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am blown away by his customer service. Outstanding. Things like this make the world go round.

Just to clarify I am not complaining whatsoever I was just curious. It might just be that this machines weighs less than half what any of my other machines do and I can just feel it more. It is also possible it is normal vibrations and I don't have another halo to compare it to.

5. Like MrNate liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I jumped on the Spektra train and ordered mine this past sunday when there was a sale going on and it just came in the mail today. As has been said before, the engineering is really slick on this little machine! The fit and finish are great, the tension knob is really easy to adjust and I love the fact that the drive pin always stops in the 'up' position so there is no needle hang when the machine is off. I've only run it with a tube and dry needle on the heel of my hand, and it seems like it's going to be a pleasure to use! BUT- I have a problem: the machine bolt has a very, very small lock-twist (around 2mm) and this makes it very easy for the machine to actually twist and fall off when I turn the machine a certain direction. Is this normal? I thought the bolt-lock would be a bit more sure, and I'm wondering if I received a defective unit. I don't want to struggle with the bolt dropping off the body in the middle of a tattoo.

Edit: man it sure is pretty!

thismonthsrotaries.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DougHardy View Post
    Well, I jumped on the Spektra train and ordered mine this past sunday when there was a sale going on and it just came in the mail today. As has been said before, the engineering is really slick on this little machine! The fit and finish are great, the tension knob is really easy to adjust and I love the fact that the drive pin always stops in the 'up' position so there is no needle hang when the machine is off. I've only run it with a tube and dry needle on the heel of my hand, and it seems like it's going to be a pleasure to use! BUT- I have a problem: the machine bolt has a very, very small lock-twist (around 2mm) and this makes it very easy for the machine to actually twist and fall off when I turn the machine a certain direction. Is this normal? I thought the bolt-lock would be a bit more sure, and I'm wondering if I received a defective unit. I don't want to struggle with the bolt dropping off the body in the middle of a tattoo.

Edit: man it sure is pretty!

thismonthsrotaries.jpg
    It sounds like it might be missing an O-ring that fits around the motor bolt(where the motor meets the machine body). I have never had a motor-bolt that didn't stay in place. Mine always fit nice & snug.
    Last edited by serial1313; 08-30-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    this thread is fucking massive man geez

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    It sounds like it might be missing an O-ring that fits around the motor bolt(where the motor meets the machine body). I have never had a motor-bolt that didn't stay in place. Mine always fit nice & snug.
    The O-Ring is there, but the lock turn is very, very short. I just saw the video from last year showing the Halo's final design ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hea0xUh35g0 ) and the machine-bolt turns MUCH more in that video than my unit's bolt does. :/

Post Thanks / Like
    PM "fkirons" on here. That is Gaston. Or "Kayliegh" on here. They will take care of you. It might just need a bigger O-ring. I understand what you are saying about the turn being short though. It might NOT be an O-ring.
    Last edited by serial1313; 08-30-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agghh, ok IGNORE my earlier problem: I'm back at work and found that the O-Ring was slightly off, preventing a good lock. I just moved it into place and all it perfect with the Halo now. That'll teach me to not look close enough at all parts of the device before making some noise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DougHardy View Post
    Agghh, ok IGNORE my earlier problem: I'm back at work and found that the O-Ring was slightly off, preventing a good lock. I just moved it into place and all it perfect with the Halo now. That'll teach me to not look close enough at all parts of the device before making some noise.
    Well, @ least there wasn't a real problem.