Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    got my spektra today -gaston got this to the uk very quickly but customs and uk parcel force have been very slow getting it to me.
    i cant thnk of anything to say about this machine apart from i will be ordering more ,the holy grail has been found at last!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaston is very helpful spoke with him today on the phone the customer service is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Thanks fkirons thanked for this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2dPinoy View Post
    Wow Gaston, you've really hit the nail on the head on this one! I finally got to use my 3.2mm with a lot of give on color blending today and it's by far my favorite of them all (and I've tried literally every rotary out there!). There is nothing but positive things to say about this, size, weight, very quiet and pleasant, even with max give. Autoclavable and the motorbolt system is genius. I can't wait to line with it and I will definitely buy at least 2-3 more bodies and different stroke lengths in the future. Everything I've wanted in a tattoo machine period is in the Spektra! Bad news, I've got a top drawer full of other machines I'll probably never touch again
    I must admit that I couldn't be any happier with the feedback I'm hearing. I am almost in tears, no kidding. This machine cost me an arm an a leg and lots of hard work. It's really refreshing to see great folks like you rating my work for the past two years.

It wasn't easy for me to decide to re design the machine once the machine "seemed to be ready" that took me another year and although some people were anxious to get the Spektra the re design and new features we brought in were really worth it.

Thank you for all the members that bough the machines, we are sold out now but we are taking pre orders for the machines that will be arriving in two weeks.
    I want to clarify that the fact that the machines are arriving next week that doesn't mean they are ready to ship as we have to put them together, balance motors, break them in etc. So be willing to wait a little bit more. We also have to build for all our official distributors that have ordered, some of them by over 100.

I knew the Spektra was going to excite a lot of people but these feedback is already surpassing my expectation.

Thank you and remember if you have any request I am a phone call or email away.
    I rather have the chance to address possible issues in private before they hit the web

This machines, just like all our FK Irons are guaranteed.
    The colors are:

Yellow/ Black
    Ruby/ Black
    Kryptonite/ Black
    Deep Blue/ Black
    Heaven/Black
    BubbleGum/ Black

For pre order of color Machines contact Kayleigh at [email protected]. The machine are going for $549 for a while (original price was $589)

Thank you!!

Gaston Siciliano - FK Irons - Spektra Rotary
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoosbyjamison View Post
    Gaston is very helpful spoke with him today on the phone the customer service is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your parts are packed and leaving in the AM. Than you man.

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it yesterday for the first time and had a little trouble with getting it to run right and didn't want to take too long on the tattoo so I switched out. Today I had another tattoo it was more relaxed so I got it out and figured it out I don't know exactly what the recommended setup is but at first I was using needlerunners bending the needle a bit and had the tip sticking out to far, I went from 8-11 v's and it wasnt really doing its magic. Today I ran it with no needlerunners, didn't bend the needle and the Spektra really came to life, I ran at 8.6 with a little bit of give and it handled everything like a champ. I used 3rl and 7m, doesnt sound like anyone else was having issues but that's the hiccup I had at first, loving it now! Gonna get me another soon as I can!

Post Thanks / Like
    Also the give system is perfect. You can really feel the more force on the downstroke, something most rotaries cannot reproduce, a very coil-like feel. One question, can we pre-order just the machine bodies, and what is forum price plus shipping please?
    Last edited by Tat2dPinoy; 06-25-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I frigging love these things!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0r1ba0

Post Thanks / Like

Let's try this one

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xwcvpl

Post Thanks / Like

11. Like thesmokingmirror liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingmirror View Post
    I tried it yesterday for the first time and had a little trouble with getting it to run right and didn't want to take too long on the tattoo so I switched out. Today I had another tattoo it was more relaxed so I got it out and figured it out I don't know exactly what the recommended setup is but at first I was using needlerunners bending the needle a bit and had the tip sticking out to far, I went from 8-11 v's and it wasnt really doing its magic. Today I ran it with no needlerunners, didn't bend the needle and the Spektra really came to life, I ran at 8.6 with a little bit of give and it handled everything like a champ. I used 3rl and 7m, doesnt sound like anyone else was having issues but that's the hiccup I had at first, loving it now! Gonna get me another soon as I can!
    Use a double rubber band or the 1.5mm diameter rubber band. Machine was designed for that

Little thing I've been doing.
    I personally started using the needle bent up high enough where I get some tension from the tube itself (meaning the needle rubs inside the tube). No rubber bands, tensioner or anything.
    Just bend the needle until you find your sweet spot. Bend it more towards the needle stack rather than the middle of the bar (about at 1/4 of the bar without counting the needle stack. To me it works like magic. I use Wrath and Eikon tube and it works perfect. Put a little bit of ointment in the highest point of the bar. It may take a few tries until it comes right. No issues ...yet.

I will post this in another thread as well.
    Last edited by fkirons; 06-25-2012 at 10:55 PM.

13. Thanks thesmokingmirror thanked for this post.