Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2dPinoy View Post
    Also the give system is perfect. You can really feel the more force on the downstroke, something most rotaries cannot reproduce, a very coil-like feel. One question, can we pre-order just the machine bodies, and what is forum price plus shipping please?
    Yeah Machine bodies can be preorder. Email Kayleigh at [email protected] $429 a pop I believe.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    Use a double rubber band or the 1.5mm diameter rubber band. Machine was designed for that

Little thing I've been doing.
    I personally started using the needle bent up high enough where I get some tension from the tube itself (meaning the needle rubs inside the tube). No rubber bands, tensioner or anything.
    Just bend the needle until you find your sweet spot. Bend it more towards the needle stack rather than the needle of the bar (about at 1/4 of the bar without counting the needle stack. To me it works like magic. I use Wrath and Eikon tube and it works perfect. Put a little bit of ointment in the highest point of the bar. It may tai a few tries until it comes right. No issues ...yet.

I will post this in another thread as well.
    That's sooo smart!! I wouldnt want to do it with stainless(long term wear spots and contaminating the ink with metal particles) but for disposables that's a brilliant idea!!!

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant "Just bend the needle until you find your sweet spot. Bend it more towards the needle stack rather than the MIDDLE of the bar"

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been bending the needles at all.. I put half a nipple as a spacer(anyone who used n2s knows what I mean) under my needle on the armature pin and use the little rubberbands. Using wrath tubes and envy needles.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I meant "Just bend the needle until you find your sweet spot. Bend it more towards the needle stack rather than the MIDDLE of the bar"
    Absolutely correct, and that's the best way to use needlerunners.

Post Thanks / Like
    glad to see the machine is doing well..congrats
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this hasn't been asked yet, has anyone used T-tech or hawk grip with the Spektra? If so how do they run?

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw Timothy Boor using both with his Spektra Halo. I also have a little video that I will post soon of him tattooing.
    Like with any rotary with give, if you use Hawk needles you will have to close the give to "none" since the spring of the Hawk needle has too much tension, therefore overpowering the resistance spring.

I've heard that the T-Techs work better.
    In the end if you close the give you will be good with both.

But quoted from Tim's words after tattooing the whole weekend at Tattoo La Palooza with Spektra: "I can't wait to go back to my regular needles and tubes"

10. Like o60minmano liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw Timothy Boor using both with his Spektra Halo. I also have a little video that I will post soon of him tattooing.
    Like with any rotary with give, if you use Hawk needles you will have to close the give to "none" since the spring of the Hawk needle has too much tension, therefore overpowering the resistance spring.

I've heard that the T-Techs work better.
    In the end if you close the give you will be good with both.

But quoted from Tim's words after tattooing the whole weekend at Tattoo La Palooza with Spektra: "I can't wait to go back to my regular needles and tubes"
    Thanks Gaston! Good to know! I'll be pre-ordering a Spektra very, very soon!