Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

halo and ttech

I love my Halo, and i wanted try using the ttech system with variable results. I removed the spring and the machine becomes very loud and mechanical sounding. The sliding mechanism seems to be extremly loose to the point that i am worried to even run it without the spring. So i just run it with the spring and its adequate....dont want to have to buy a new motor prematurely though. I also had the pin that the needle is seated on fall out, i replaced it but kinda on the skeptical side about using the ttechs with halo now
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post

How to run Cartdriges systems on your Spektra Halo.

The "Slider" has a pre defined load that is achieved by the "Positioning" spring. This spring retracts the slider so the needle can hide inside your tube when the motor is off.

The normal startup voltage of a spectra is around 5-7 volts depending on several parameters.

The Hawk and T tech Cartridges have a built in "in cartridge spring or elastic" that retracts the needle.
    You can understand this principal by "pushing in" the pin that drives the needle in the cartridge system.

The spring in the cartridge system is doing exactly what the "Positioning Spring" in the slider is doing: Retracts the needle when motor stops.

I've noticed that the spring tension of the spring or elastic found in most cartridges is greater than the tension of the Spektras Positioning spring. Probably twice as the tensile strength of the Spektra's "Positioning Spring"

Therefore, by removing the "Positioning Spring" off your Spektra you will allow "just" the spring in the cartridge system do the job of retracting slider and needle.

What Happen if you don't remove the "Positioning Spring" off your Spektra?

If you don't remove that spring the motor will have to fight double or triple the load (achieve by the multiple combination of springs)

Conclusion:
    As soon as you remove that front spring off, the Spektra Halo is ready to perform flawless with T-tech or hawk.
    The machine will run naturally starting at the normal 6v average voltage and you should see a smooth response by smaller increment of voltage.

Should you have any questions let me know. I may start a new thread with this info, since A LOT of people flooded my inbox since we release the Spektra.
    I will also update this on our site

Post Thanks / Like
    The armature pin should not fall out if you have the give pin in it. There is really no way for it to come out. I use my halo without the stay up spring all the time and it fine. Which spring are you taking out? There is the back spring which is for give and the front spring for stay up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like he's taken out the top spring. Not pulled the slide out and found the bottom return spring.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

FK Irons/ Spektra Support fkirons_kayleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you'd like you can email pictures/ video of exactly what's going on to [email protected]. The machines will run fine with t-tech's with the positioning/ stay up spring removed so I'm sure it's just something simple, but I'm more than happy to help you out!

Quote Originally Posted by o60minmano View Post
    I love my Halo, and i wanted try using the ttech system with variable results. I removed the spring and the machine becomes very loud and mechanical sounding. The sliding mechanism seems to be extremly loose to the point that i am worried to even run it without the spring. So i just run it with the spring and its adequate....dont want to have to buy a new motor prematurely though. I also had the pin that the needle is seated on fall out, i replaced it but kinda on the skeptical side about using the ttechs with halo now

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected]
    or on the instagrams- @kayleigh_fkirons

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting a Spektra delivered tomorrow! Cannot wait! The size of this thread and all the great things said about them is great testimony to the machine.

FK Irons/ Spektra Support fkirons_kayleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishopbyname View Post
    I'm getting a Spektra delivered tomorrow! Cannot wait! The size of this thread and all the great things said about them is great testimony to the machine.
    I hope you enjoy it! If you have any questions when it arrives don't hesitate to get in touch!

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected]
    or on the instagrams- @kayleigh_fkirons

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons_kayleigh View Post
    I hope you enjoy it! If you have any questions when it arrives don't hesitate to get in touch!
    Thank you Kayleigh, i will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there, I'm Lizzy.Ive been using the Halo now for two weeks, and like everyone else, Im hooked and amazed beyond belief. I never thought I would be able to use this without much of a learning curve. Because of all of you who have shared your experience with the Halo along with settings, techniques....I was able to glean from that and apply that to my own style. I only do cosmetic tattooing. Initially I took a 6 month apprenticeship with a traditional tattoo artist who owned a shop. To have that opportunity to watch everyone in the shop tattoo was something we just don't have in the permanent makeup industry. I've been using a coil for 7 yrs. 5 yrs ago someone gave me a neotat ( a coil user also) I didn't have the patients at the time to learn a new tool so I passed it along to another friend. I went from my first machine a heavy ass brass machine from Paco Rollins, then to his steels. I quickly started having hand trouble. Working on the face your pretty cramped up. I found Gaston and have been using his aluminum shaders ever since. Ive had this rotary in my tool box since Christmas and since finding this message board and hours of reading posts, I decided to give it a run. Need I say anything else?! I remember someone describing the feeling of using the Halo as "massaging" the skin. I did a set of lips Saturday and that is what it was like. Now I want to sell all of my coils before their obsolete. Thanks again all for sharing. P.S Anyone interested in good deal on some coils? ha
    Last edited by Lizzy; 02-23-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a Halo this weekend at the Detroit convention and I'm itching to try her out. I looking to improve my black and gray work, I feel that since switching to rotaries it's not as soft and smooth. This will be my first rotary with give, so are there any suggestions for smooth black and gray work as far as the give adjustments?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dpadgett View Post
    I picked up a Halo this weekend at the Detroit convention and I'm itching to try her out. I looking to improve my black and gray work, I feel that since switching to rotaries it's not as soft and smooth. This will be my first rotary with give, so are there any suggestions for smooth black and gray work as far as the give adjustments?
    Run the machine with the give knob all the way out and slow it down a bit may be 7.5 volts
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO