Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
    How can I get tube vise parts?
    Guillotine? shoot us an email at [email protected]
    What is wrong with yours?
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ey I tried out my 2 new halos today and was wondering when you tighten the vice should your tube be moving - not sliding up n down but back and forth with the vice- example when I'm shaking it out in the wrince cup or even moving my hand fast with black and grey or even put my machine in a odd position and my tube n vice move and make a very uneasy sound- both machines do that and I never had a machine that allowed the tubes to move usually the vice locks the tube dead in place- this wiggling tube doesn't seem rite? Hope you can help me- other than that machines worked well- but that wiggle was scaring my client-

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont think it's my tubes because I tried it with a tech tube and cartridge as well and that did the same thing? Also I had to kick start the t-techs- didn't really like that- but I want to know if the moving vice issue is normal?

Post Thanks / Like
    @fkirons I read the thing about t techs and removing the spring- Not sure if I described the tube moving thing rite so here it is- when I lock the vice in if you were to hold the machine in place and grab the tube you be able to wiggle the tube n vice a little back and forth- thus the needle making a weird sound as its running- I think that should describe it - any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    I experienced the wiggle as well with my stainless steel tubes. The back stem is from kingpin. I used a disposable today and no issue. I'll try another stainless steel one tomorrow and let you know if it happens again. It was weird though. I had it as tight as I could get it and it didn't twist or anything there was just slight play which i believe was in the black guillotine piece inside the main part of the vice.

Edit... Oh and I just received my machine Friday. So I've only had it a few days. Used it twice with disposables and once with stainless steel tubes.
    Last edited by psych0ticmisfit; 02-17-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-NME View Post
    Ey I tried out my 2 new halos today and was wondering when you tighten the vice should your tube be moving - not sliding up n down but back and forth with the vice- example when I'm shaking it out in the wrince cup or even moving my hand fast with black and grey or even put my machine in a odd position and my tube n vice move and make a very uneasy sound- both machines do that and I never had a machine that allowed the tubes to move usually the vice locks the tube dead in place- this wiggling tube doesn't seem rite? Hope you can help me- other than that machines worked well- but that wiggle was scaring my client-
    hey there I sent you a PM but here I go public in case this happens to someone else. There is nothing to worry about. Based on what you are saying, what I think you are experiencing is that the screw in the knob may have not set all the way in the actual knob, causing the screw to be a bit longer, poking your tube and not allowing the guillotine to choke the tube. An easy fix: try to screw it in more or file it down a bit. Of course we can alway send you new knobs if you prefer.

One way to be on the safe side is to close the vise all the way without any tube and make sure that the screw doesn't come off through the tube hole more than 0.5 mm. If it does try to file it down or screw it in if allows it.

With disposable you may not see this issue because the screw will bend the plastic allowing the vise to close.

The vice system was design for American 5/16" and European 8mm tubes but it will take tubes with slight differences.
    The guillotine does lock the tube.
    Last edited by fkirons; 02-17-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-NME View Post
    Dont think it's my tubes because I tried it with a tech tube and cartridge as well and that did the same thing? Also I had to kick start the t-techs- didn't really like that- but I want to know if the moving vice issue is normal?
    Why you are experiencing is due to that you have to remove the front spring. The t tech cartridge has already a spring. This causes double the load on the motor requiring more voltage to start if the spring is not remove. Anyone using t tech must do this to avoid killing the motor.

Post Thanks / Like
    My tube vice is stripped was that way when I got it and when I sent it in for service I put that on the paper I sent with the machine I think they just over looked it. but I sent that email gaston what happens next?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
    My tube vice is stripped was that way when I got it and when I sent it in for service I put that on the paper I sent with the machine I think they just over looked it. but I sent that email gaston what happens next?
    weird bro. To strip a vise made out of 7075 T6 is a tough job. Did you get the machine directly from us?
    beat thing to do is to call or email us. Email us the detail of the transaction so we can look into it and address it ASAP.