Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Spektra Halo feedback thread

First of I wanted to thank to all the forum members that order o ur pre sale batch.
    I've read a few feedback posts and thanks you for sharing your thoughts.

We, at Spektra would like to ask you regarding the overall experience especially some topics that were important to us during development.

Here we go
    1- Overal look
    2- Weight
    3- Performance, lining, shading coloring.
    4- MotorBolt system with 1/4 turn lock and release.
    5- Capability of the machine to be spray directly with desinfectante or autcoclaved.
    6- Aithing else you may want to say about the machine.
    7- Customer Service and anything we could to better assist you.

Thank
    Gaston
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've ran mine twice through the statim with no problems

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v5atz1

Post Thanks / Like
    The over all look of this machine is spectacular very futuristic, the weight is very good and balanced very well. So far I've only lined and colored with it with ease and as far as i can see does little damage to the skin, this is the only rotary i feel i can tattoo as fast as i would with coils. Haven't tried shading with it I'm anxiously waiting for a Black and Grey piece to do with this. The motor bolt system is brilliant and keeps some of the cost down for multiple machines. The abilty to clean or autoclave the machine is always a plus, i personally bag and spray mine after every use, very easy to clean. Overall the machine is super nice, well made, and very thought out. I used fk irons for a few years when i was using coils and loved them, when i heard Gaston was making a rotary i was super excited and followed the making of this machine as close as possible anticipating the release. As soon as i seen on here he was releasing, and to forum members at a discount, i jumped on it, and the wait was worth it. As far a s customer service goes its second to none, as a matter of fact, first i couldn't get my paypal to work and Gaston's assistant emailed me and gave me the shops number to try and get it worked out, she even offered her cell number in case I couldn't reach her in office which is really cool. Once I got that worked out I noticed it was being sent to my old address which is in another town, so i called again and instead of waiting for them to get it back they just went ahead and sent another one out to the right address, and received it in 3 days! They were so helpful with me and my overall expirience has been great with these guys, I just ordered my second machine today. I think I covered everything lol Thanks again Gaston and everyone at Spektra for all your hard work!!
    Last edited by tattoosbyjamison; 06-25-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoosbyjamison View Post
    The over all look of this machine is spectacular very futuristic, the weight is very good and balanced very well. So far I've only lined and colored with it with ease and as far as i can see does little damage to the skin, this is the only rotary i feel i can tattoo as fast as i would with coils. Haven't tried shading with it I'm anxiously waiting for a Black and Grey piece to do with this. The motor bolt system is brilliant and keeps some of the cost down for multiple machines. The abilty to clean or autoclave the machine is always a plus, i personally bag and spray mine after every use, very easy to clean. Overall the machine is super nice, well made, and very thought out. I used fk irons for a few years when i was using coils and loved them, when i heard Gatson was making a rotary i was super excited and followed the making of this machine as close as possible anticipating the release. As soon as i seen on here he was releasing, and to forum members at a discount, i jumped on it, and the wait was worth it. As far a s customer service goes its second to none, as a matter of fact, first i couldn't get my paypal to work and Gatson's assistant emailed me and gave me the shops number to try and get it worked out, she even offered her cell number in case I couldn't reach her in office which is really cool. Once I got that worked out I noticed it was being sent to my old address which is in another town, so i called again and instead of waiting for them to get it back they just went ahead and sent another one out to the right address, and received it in 3 days! They were so helpful with me and my overall expirience has been great with these guys, I just ordered my second machine today. I think I covered everything lol Thanks again Gatson and everyone at Spektra for all your hard work!!
    Great to hear that bro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the Halo today. I love the look,the sound and the feel. Got an appt. at 4 gonna try it out with lining shading and color. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Got the Halo today. I love the look,the sound and the feel. Got an appt. at 4 gonna try it out with lining shading and color. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!
    what does the sound compare to?

Post Thanks / Like
    I river running through the mountains on a cool calm day....
    Haha
    No really though at 7.5 volts it's quite at 10 volts it's comparable to small buzz.. Very small

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?awltgl

Post Thanks / Like
    Hahahah , we try to describe the silence the other day too here at the workshop and my coworker said that sounds like "silence" with "noise cancellation headphones" Loved it.

Out of joke, The silent performance is due to the balance of the slider and the contact points of it. Also where the bearing slot is positioned and the weight of the stainless steel rod that travels across the slider.

The more use the machine gets the better it runs. We recommend lubing the machine after every 50-70 hours of continuous use. I am uploading a video tutorial of "how to" lube the machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah what Art said. Ran it with a 15 mag for a couple hours and it was like they were made for each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    What strokes are people buying & what are they doing with them (lining, Shading, all of the above) ?
    Thanks