Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is how the system is. If you have the give almost all the way out, try reduce needle hang. I found that lager needle groupings work better for the give system.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jesoner79 View Post
    i dont know if its just me but it seems as if my "give" does not work as well as everyone is saying i do like the machine and it colors great real solid and good looking machine but i was really expecting it to hit with more control when i use my adjustment knob even at its softest it still hits real hard which is fine but i bought the machine cause i was expecting to be able to make it hit soft or hard am i the only one who has this problem
    Hey bro the give system works well, we probably oversaw something with your machine. Please check your PM. we'll take care of this asap.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

3. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines jesoner79's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks gaston i will check it asap

Post Thanks / Like
    Right outta the box with a 13 round liner to test. One full turn off the give. Smooth as any rotary I ever used. I set up a seven mag to test , I still have to find my sweet spot with it but so far I love the weight and hit for sure. Cannot wait for my appointments so I can get busy with the 3.2 mm halo.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jboo75 View Post
    Right outta the box with a 13 round liner to test. One full turn off the give. Smooth as any rotary I ever used. I set up a seven mag to test , I still have to find my sweet spot with it but so far I love the weight and hit for sure. Cannot wait for my appointments so I can get busy with the 3.2 mm halo.
    Enjoy bro!
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The Brazil post office went on strike yesterday... Man, sometimes i wish i could throw a cocktail molotov on customs...

Sent by the Devil using a vessel, one galaxy S2 and tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jesoner79 View Post
    i dont know if its just me but it seems as if my "give" does not work as well as everyone is saying i do like the machine and it colors great real solid and good looking machine but i was really expecting it to hit with more control when i use my adjustment knob even at its softest it still hits real hard which is fine but i bought the machine cause i was expecting to be able to make it hit soft or hard am i the only one who has this problem

I for one love the give system on this machine! It's probably at least in part due to the fact that it was just exactly what I was looking for, a give system that goes all the way from absolutely no give to a fair amount of give without all the slack. By slack I mean that some give systems have too light of a hit to where there's not really any resistance at all through much of the stroke w/ an abrupt transition to the point where you've picked up all the slack and there's no give left at all.

The Halo still feels solid even when set up w/ some give from the instant you touch the tips of the needles to the skin to the point of applying enough pressure to use up the give, a real clean and even sweep. There’s always enough resistance to feel how much pressure you’re applying though. Too much give can feel imprecise to me, but that’s neither here nor there. I’d agree w/ you Jesoner, the Halo even w/ the give let out a good deal still has a pretty stiff hit. It’s really not adjustable all the way from no-give to super soft. Like I said it’s perfect for me, but it’s not nearly as soft as some others.

Couple things I’m sure you’ve probably thought of but, what stroke length are you using? A shorter stroke really takes something off the hit w/ these machines. Two, you can really let that knob out a good deal, did you try backing it way off? And last, please let us know if Gaston resolves the issue for you and you change your opinion.

Best of Luck
    Last edited by PAWNJOB; 09-22-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried T-Techs w/ a couple different rotaries and found that they worked well, except that the pre-loaded cartridges put a noticeable amount of extra strain on the motors which I didn't like. The cartridges also take too much off the hit in my opinion, especially when lining. You usually run at higher volts than you do w/o them too. As a result of increased load and higher volts I've noticed my machines heating up a bit so I stopped using them for the most part. I still use my Storm w/ them cause I don't mind much if it takes a shit, already sent one back for a painless exchange. Then I read this:

Quote Originally Posted by mystweave View Post
    I'm using T-Tech cartridges with the Halo's front spring removed and pushes them no worries, the give screw is so responsive a slight turn and you feeeeeeel the change.
    Brilliant Myst!

Gaston, is this a viable option? While removing the Halo's front spring would probably compensate for the pre-loaded cartridges, would this set up degrade the Halo's give system in any way or can the Halo still perform properly w/o it? I gotta say that if this system works well it would be ideal. Unless you can already say that this is not a good option Gaston, could you please give this a try when you get a chance. I think the builder's opinion would give us a better perspective.

Thanks for that post Myst.
    Last edited by PAWNJOB; 09-22-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAWNJOB View Post
    I've tried T-Techs w/ a couple different rotaries and found that they worked well, except that the pre-loaded cartridges put a noticeable amount of extra strain on the motors which I didn't like. The cartridges also take too much off the hit in my opinion, especially when lining. You usually run at higher volts than you do w/o them. As a result of increased load and higher volts I've noticed my machines heating up a bit so I stopped using them for the most part. I still use my Storm w/ them cause I don't mind much if it takes a shit, already sent one back for a painless exchange. Then I read this:

Brilliant Myst!

Gaston, is this a viable option? While removing the Halo's front spring would probably compensate for the pre-loaded cartridges, would this set up degrade the Halo's give system in any way or can the Halo still perform properly w/o it? I gotta say that if this system works well it would be ideal. Unless you can already say that this is not a good option Gaston, could you please give this a try when you get a chance. I think the builder's opinion would give us a better perspective.

Thanks for that post Myst.
    gaston has already made a post somewhere telling people to remove it if they wanna use ttech setup. You can prolly find the post with a little searching.

11. Thanks PAWNJOB thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use my halo mainly for packing