Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, I have found sometimes more bands help, I use barber dts black ones and they're tense as hell. Mike says just use the single o ring he provides, most people swear by it, seems to be just me having problems!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
    I had the same issue with my new Rapier II today... The first half an hour everything was fine no ink spray no ink creeping up the tube. After a short break everything was different the ink sprayed a lot and I couldnt continue without fixing the problem I was doing linework still. I tried to bend the needle more and more the needle bar itself and on the needle head no matter what I did nothing helped... But then I tightend the rubber band so much that I had to raise the volts from 8.2 to 8.9 and everything was fine after that. Im using very strong rubber bands
    Maybe the bands had gotten stretched after a bit which allowed less tension.Also I have noticed on rotary machines to keep the needles and tips clean n wet and free from paper towel lent and built up ink between the needles,this will help alot with this issue to.
    Last edited by slicksteel; 06-22-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: typo

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Also check to make sure the bearings and pin are ok and setted correctly

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Set it up normally and slap a big dollop of vaseline and / or a needle runner somewhere near the middle of the needle bar and you should be golden, my Dragonfly used to do the same thing but only with certain inks and it'd fly everywhere once it hit the cam...
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

5. Like zack_fa1r liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    use to happen to me all the time with my dragonfly. i use eternal ink. eternal makes a product called "keep it wet". pour your ink and put 2 drops of this on top. it'll keep it from drying out, but thins it just a little. once i started this, the ink creep stopped.

7. Like The Limey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have that problem CONSTANTLY w/ only one machine, my Bizarre V2. My co-worker has one and has never had a problem w/ it. ??? I've tried everything too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAWNJOB View Post
    I have that problem CONSTANTLY w/ only one machine, my Bizarre V2. My co-worker has one and has never had a problem w/ it. ??? I've tried everything too.
    Try his needles(have him do his needle/bar bend), tubes & ink brands on yours to see if its the brands you use doing it.Also I would check to see how his motor/piston etc are lined up as compared to yours-maybe something is out of alignment.

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    Try his needles(have him do his needle/bar bend), tubes & ink brands on yours to see if its the brands you use doing it.Also I would check to see how his motor/piston etc are lined up as compared to yours-maybe something is out of alignment.
    Good advice,,,,

Post Thanks / Like
    It's only happened to me once and that was with my bizarre v2, I emailed stigma about it and 10 minutes later a very nice chap from Germany phoned the shop to talk me through stripping the machine and cleaning it properly, he then told me he thought the problem was too much bend on the needle bar making it ride the top of the tube, I've sinced changed wher I bend the bar to just at the solder a slight bend down and then again one finger space back an it's never happened since

Post Thanks / Like
    May sound crazy but I put a&d on the needle bar after it happened once