Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines directDRIVE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without commenting directly on Paulo's twin motor machine - i have my own personal opinions which are neither here nor there - I am currently prototyping a twin motor
    machine and I will say that there is more to twin motor theory than meets the eye in certain specific applications.

To do it because it looks cool is one thing... to do it to satisfy a specific need is something entirely different (which heading this machine falls under? I have no idea)

Post Thanks / Like
    David would dividing the stress on the motors in half be one aspect? I would suspect it would operate and lower volts as well, hopefully the Hz wouldn't drop too far though because I know low Hz can be hard on a rotary engine.
    Last edited by MickWrath; 03-10-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    See.. Now it's getting interesting .

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think the torque would be doubled and this would be good for larger mags.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes more torque and still high rpms

Post Thanks / Like
    the machine looks cool, maybe its just me but i couldnt stop staring at his fingers. that tattoo is in there!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if the torque would be doubled, it still has to transfer synchronized torque through several components, depending on what style machine that component could be an armature bar, slider, springs, connecting link, cams, etc. not to mention the grommet and needlebar. I think a more likely situation is less volts, and less stress on the motors because they are working half as hard, this would result in longevity of motor life as long as both motors functioned at optimum performance, if one motor fell behind it would create more stress on the good motor and system failure premature. I've never tried to build or test a dual motor so it's hypothesis based on general experience with various motor performance and operating systems. I think an easier way to beef up the torque would just be simply upgrading the size of the motor, so there would have to be the need for different benefits to having dual motors besides torque and power, there's not a need for those things when we can just toss in a larger more powerful motor with a higher cyclic rate, more watts and more volts...however with the advancements in machines breaking ground so quickly I honestly wouldn't be surprised if electronic circuit boards are the next big steps. Like a rev unlimiter or a mini power commander. I still see dual motors as more work than just slapping 2 on a machine, if done correctly with A LOT! Of research, development, mathematical equations, trial and error maybe it could have it's benefits...question is did Paulo do his homework? Time will tell.
    Last edited by MickWrath; 03-10-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He told me they line lquick like a viper!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha so does the cranker slick, lol and there ain't dual kamis or maxons in her.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know the numbers or the science behind it.. But I know that my instinct is telling me that unless you have some kind of clutch or something to sync them.. driving one A-bar with two motors seem more trouble than good.

11. Like Jack Steel liked this post.