Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with Hawk cartridges and using them with some Rotary Machines

Morning All.
    I hope you could give me some advice. I use T-Tech/Hawk cartridges on all my machines. I personally love the Hawk bigger cartridge needles, especially the soft edge magnums 17,23, 27. I have been using hawk cartridges alot recently as T-tech seem to be constantly out of stock. The problem is on my Gen 6 and recently picked up Bazooka (no give) that I have to give the bar/clip a flick for them to run the hawk needles where they run the t-tech with ease. I know this is down to alot more tension within the hawk cartridge. I do not have this problem on my rotary works and runs either cartridge with ease.

Any one have the same problem or any suggestions as I do not like to give the clip a flick. Also what other Rotarys out there with run either cartridges with ease (Not the Hawk machine of course ).
    I know the Inkjecta Flith has been designed specifically according to the promo video for both variations Hawk grip or hawk Flexi grip. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by daibead; 06-29-2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: More descriptive

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remove the return spring or, if the machine is lubed with grease, switch to superlube oil.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Limey, I have tried that on the Bazooka, still would not run the needles without a flick.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what else to suggest then, mate. That fixed the issues with my machines... Are you using a Hawk or T-tech grip?
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using both, t-tech grip, it seems to run them easier then the hawk fixed grip. Just picked up the hawk flexigrip yesterday, so I'll see how that's runs today, if it helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Limey & Skinmech, thanks for your help on this matter. I changed to a thinner grommet on the bazooka and took off the return spring, now working perfect with the hawk flexi-grip, hawk and t-tech.

7. Like Jan Li liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    See,,,,,,easy,LOL..Maybe try a piece of tissue instead of a gromm.............Might give you some "give".....
    Last edited by skinmech; 06-29-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What "return spring" are you referring to and how do you take it off? I have the same problem. Running Hawk cartridges I have to crank the volts way up or it won't start

Post Thanks / Like
    On the Bazooka there is a spring under the armature bar, you can remove. Works for t-tech but still hit an miss for hawk cartridges.

On gen 6, the new hawk flexi grip has solved my probs, so I'm real happy with that and the grip itself.

11. Thanks studio88 thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same problem the only other rotary that I can run with hawk needles and flex grip is my bizarre v2 I have to turn it up then lower my voltage but runs really good can not get my dragonfly or stealth to run with the needles and grip