Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HM Pinta losing power on Critical CX-1

Just wondering if any of you guys has experienced this problem? Ive been through the process of elimination and come to the conclusion it doesnt like the PS. Tried different rca leads and footswitch's and it still happens. What I have noticed is, once it starts really bogging down, if I unplug the machine and run on a different set up for a second or two, and then go back to the critical, its ok for a short while, but then reverts back to running weak??I run it at around 6.5 to 7 volts and wanted to use it for mostly black and grey. I know its not a faulty ps as its less than a year old, and runs all my other machines including a Rotary Works.Just wondered if there was a known issue with using this machine, with this particular PS.Cheers in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its probably the PS. It wasn't designed to handle rotaries.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent Roman a heads up that you are having trouble as well so he might be able to troubleshoot this for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot people. Just had a PM from Roman. Looks like the Critical isnt a fan of rotaries. Roman is on the case. Thanks again.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cx2 and several rotaries, and no issues, thus farm, maybe a software update ?

Post Thanks / Like
    i use a cx-1 and not much problem running most of my rotaries..what power supply do you guys recommend for use..??

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the problem can be the external transformer. If the transformer has low amps the motor may cause the transformer to die out. This happens with coils. We have these units for sale and use it myself and never had problem though
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    I think the problem can be the external transformer. If the transformer has low amps the motor may cause the transformer to die out. This happens with coils. We have these units for sale and use it myself and never had problem though
    what units for sale are you talking about??

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick update on this issue!! I think it was down to the lube. I bought the machine second hand and after realising I couldnt find any superlube I purchased some 3 in 1 lithium in aerosol form. The machine had a grease like lubricant in the slide, so that was the kind of lube I was trying to get hold of. Well today I thought i'd give it a clean and test it again once more (prior to posting back to Roman). I flushed out the slide with instol, and added some 3 in 1 oil instead of the lithium grease. and it seems to have done the trick. When I said switching over from one PS to other seemed to help, in hindsight I dont think it made any real difference, just a coincidence that it may have seemed that way!!! So all in all, I just think the lube was too thick.

Anyhow, ive got to say Roman was a gentleman to deal with regarding this matter. He was prepared to accept the machine and give it the once over, and if needed get it back to full working condition, even though I purchased it second hand!!!

Thanks again people. Im a happy Pinta owner.
    Last edited by Mozzer337; 07-04-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by biggboy View Post
    what units for sale are you talking about??
    Here are all the power supplies we carry
    http://www.fkirons.com/shop/power-supplies
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com