Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    STYGMA maybe run at 10000 rpm NO LOAD, but when u put NEEDLES and TUBE, drop down, is very hard to run at 10000 RPM with needles and tube, AND I THINK GONNA BE REALY TO FAST, become easy to damage the skin i think

suppose STYGMA use the same motor for all them models, almost all use the MAXON 216000,

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, the 10,000 is most probably unloaded, but still faster than hell w/ or w/o a tube & needle set up! And I agree you definitely need to be careful not to damage the skin when you've got that machine cranked up, especially when lining. But too fast is a matter of opinion. As long as you keep movin' you can really lay some nice lines faster than any machine that I've ever used. Now granted my experience w/ machines is somewhat limited but I've used more than a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that the thunder is really fast to work with. Maybe is just my opinion, but I find that it takes me less time to do certain things with it compared to my other machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Tracker lite I have is a little pocket rocket, a tad on the noisy side but at 5V it really flies Don't know what the CPS are but it is the fastest liner as far as hand speed goes in my arsenal.

5. Thanks PAWNJOB thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say that the Spec Tech Tracker, and the Peter Tiegs are among the fastest I have came across...You need to be on your game when lining with these beauties...Don't forget the Bazooka, crank that Monster up, and it will run with the best of them....

7. Thanks PAWNJOB thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used my new Bishop Capo to do a couple tattoos now and it has a perfect amount of dampening for me even at the higher recommended range of volts. It really doesn't have the speed I was looking for but this is a great machine in a few respects. Incredibly smooth and quiet too. I also found and old post by tattooed pirate on here and he claimed that the motor he used for the Rapier II ran at up to 14,000 rpm's @ 12 volts!!! He also said that he thought this was too fast for tattooing and chose a different motor for his treasure chest build; but is this the reason the Rapiers II's get such great Liner reviews??? I haven't used it YET but I gotta think that there's some correlation. I really wanna try one of these (and no one says you have to run it at 12 volts).

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's more of a matter of how high you turn it up.. The motors I use have a standard rpm of about 7,000, but can spin faster without doing any damage. The motors are rated for 10. I have found that most tattooers who like to run them fast go at about 8.. Which is pretty fast. I notice that the heal time is longer when you have them cranked up too fast.. Even if you are efficient.
    There is also the way it hits and cycles that can effect how fast you work. I have found that with machines with no give, you have to work harder to get the needles in. Too much give, and they are not going in either.
    How the machine dampens is another story.

10. Thanks PAWNJOB thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too fast doesn't mean all the ink is going to flow under the skin, need to remember how the fluids works. For example, even if you have the speed of the flash and the machine equally fast, the ink will not flow as a normal speed... You can use more speed and a faster hand but you'll need to compensate with another technique, a different stretch, depht, or make the ink be more fluid... Because 7500 to 10000, is 33.3% faster...

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

12. Thanks PAWNJOB thanked for this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well put.
    I suppose Demaglo would be the way to go if you were wanting to go fast. It's real thin

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Rotaryworks machine runs really fast. I can't turn it higher than 3 volts (though he makes one with another motor that runs slower). I'd swear it was a helicopter motor in there.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?