Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: China Fly

Post Thanks / Like
    But some great tattooists of are day have started as scatchers with home made machines or stuff sold for a bag of weed. Because machines are getting to the point of being to much to buy my real dragonfly ss cost me way less than they are going for today. Now you know why people buy china copies and add maxon motors you then havr a machine thats 100 pounds not 450. Thats why people do and to be honest I dont blame people in doing so. And also there are getting so many rotaries out there and if you study them all closely there isnt much new in how any of them work

Post Thanks / Like
    So the statement made by Stripe that his coworker is now saving to buy an original because he liked the knockoff is an isolated incident? It never happens anywhere else? I think it happens a lot and if machine builders understood this they'd spend a lot less time fuming over something they can't change and embarrassing themselves (and the rest of us) with bullshit theatrics and get back to making something worth buying. Not that anyone needs a "better" tattoo machine, rotary or otherwise. I talked to my friend Carl Brennalt the other day and asked him what machines he is using.."Bruce you wouldn't believe it-I tweaked these $13 Chinese machines and they run like a dream! HA HA!" This is a guy that has been building amazing machines for thirty years. Today's scratcher is (possibly) tomorrow's Guy Aitchison. The world is full of tattoo machines. We have to accept this and move on.

3. Thanks Burlakov thanked for this post.
    Like Burlakov liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the deal? The guy just took apart T replaced the motor, ithe Dragonfly and is not going to build a cool machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy the real thing I say. Don't support thieves, any decent tattooer can make back the money spent in a single tattoo.

Post Thanks / Like
    All this talk of originality and yet I can't think of a single tattooer out there that hasn't copied someone else's artwork as a tattoo and then passed it off as their own. In fact that's about 90% of the tattoo business, and it's done without attribution and sure as shit without payment. That's right, every tattoo you did of Spiderman, or some Frazetta piece, or some photo of some celebrity that someone else took..all stolen but I don't hear any complaints...that's your bread and butter! If someone walks into your shop and wants a Calvin and Hobbes tattoo you'll do it without a thought, even though Bill Watterson has specifically stated that he doesn't want it done. You'll happily copy a set of flash for your buddy. You'll never think twice about tattooing the lyrics to "Hey Jude" on someone, and pocket 100% of the money. But copy a tattoo machine? THIEF! LOWLIFE! PIECE OF SHIT!

7. Like Caxcan liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You dont intentionaly go out to tattoo somebody elses work. It comes in and they ask for it. Now if you go out and build a machine that is a knock hoping someone comes in to buy then your a thief. Big difference Bruce think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    So if someone asks for it that makes stealing OK? Of course it doesn't. What if (unnamed hated tattoo supplier)'s customers asked for copies of some popular coil machine? How is that any different? When you tattoo that Frazetta Death Dealer do you send 50% of the money to his family? I'm sure they would appreciate it. There's a huge double standard here and I'm shocked you don't see it. An entire business built on plagiarism and then people have the nerve to whine when they get a taste of it back. Good thing Frazetta isn't still with us or he'd be well within his rights to flip virtually every table at every convention in America.
    Last edited by Bruce Gulick; 07-10-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So in your eyes, because nothing is truly original, anyone should be free to take this: http://www.inkmachines.com/content/dragonfly-0

And do this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional...item2571c5480d

Personally, I think that is pretty fucking shitty

11. Like nivek liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are in the business of replicating images no matter who designed them. We are not in the business of replicating tools of the trade. Now if you purchase and use a pirated copy of a tool of the trade then you arethe reason they exist. If you buy that shit your really making a statement about your character and business ethics and its not a positive statement. But then again without those trashy ass people the loyal wouldn't shine so bright. Cheers to the trash that actually define the scale for quality!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scentless Apprentice View Post
    So in your eyes, because nothing is truly original, anyone should be free to take this: http://www.inkmachines.com/content/dragonfly-0

And do this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional...item2571c5480d

Personally, I think that is pretty fucking shitty
    Who on earth would think that that $30 piece of shit is the actual Dragonfly? You ever heard the phrase "you can't con an honest man"? It's true! No tattooer with half a brain in their head would think that's the Genuine Article. Sure it's lame. Sure it's unethical. But were you fooled? Was anyone? It's a cheap piece of shit and it will fall apart in no time and the problem is solved. What's the concern all about? Personally I don't worry much about "should"..fact is it exists and there's nothing short of invading China that anyone can do about it. And for tattooers of ALL PEOPLE to talk about unoriginality, well, that's so rich I can barely type this I'm laughing so hard. Here's a test, everybody..go look at your tattoo portfolio and figure out what percentage of those photos are of tattoos you drew from your imagination vs things you took from some other artist or photographer, traced, and called it your own.