Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nedz MR04 Ready

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoosteve View Post
    Same design I have seen a hundred times. When can we see some innovation and not the same regurgitation of the same ideas? No offense, but I know most rotary tattoo builders claim R & D is why the machine costs so much. This same design has seen countless times and this is basically a rip off. This is practically the same as China ripping off designs, although in a somewhat fancy package.
    there is only but so much to do, this is lookin good ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Same design I have seen a hundred times. When can we see some innovation and not the same regurgitation of the same ideas? No offense, but I know most rotary tattoo builders claim R & D is why the machine costs so much. This same design has been done countless times and is basically a rip off. This is practically the same as China ripping off a design. I could use this machine below and get the same quality results in my tattoo. Sure the motor might blow out in a few months, but its $15 to replace it, and at that rate it would still last two years and be cheaper. Just my two cents. I check the forum daily for new products and just see the same damn thing over and over.
    Attachment 11906
    Jeesh man hate much, sure there are a bunch of different takes on just about every machine, rotary or coil.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see a cool looking machine from a good builder at a budget price, the mark up is not to much on these

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same design I have seen a hundred times. When can we see some innovation and not the same regurgitation of the same ideas? No offense, but I know most rotary tattoo builders claim R & D is why the machine costs so much. This same design has been done countless times and is basically a rip off. This is practically the same as China ripping off a design. I could use this machine below and get the same quality results in my tattoo. Sure the motor might blow out in a few months, but its $15 to replace it, and at that rate it would still last two years and be cheaper. Just my two cents. I check the forum daily for new products and just see the same damn thing over and over.
    Attachment 11906
    What has this machine got to do with mine, I am trying to give artists that don't won't to splash out 600 dollars on a rotary the chance to try a quality rotaries at a buget price. Just because it's not something completely new you want to have ago, I dont see people telling Aaron Cain or Seth Ciferri to stop producing the same old stuff and produce something new. There are at least 6 new rotaries released recently including my MR01 that are all different in their own way the only thing they have in common is the electric motor. Why don't you go and produce a tattoo machine that does not use an electric motor or magnetic coils and be the first to produce something completely unique.

5. Thanks tugg, vodu thanked for this post.
    Like tatu richie, tugg, vodu liked this post.
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 11906
    There is a long long thread about this on the site started long ago about what we are really reinventing. There are certain machine types that are popular and the physics and mechanics of tattooing can only be modified so much. If you choose to use a machine like the one in the photo and it works for you good on you. I could go on but I would rather not derail this thread anymore. If you want to open a dialog about this you are more than welcome to somewhere else on the board but the last one quickly became a bit of a hornets nest for no legitimate reason.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by tattoosteve
    Attachment 11906

There is only so much "innovation" that can be done with something before it starts to be useless or even become something that causes issues. I mean, what was the last "innovation" you saw on a coil machine ? nothing, most of it these days is bs or just design elements. Tattoo machines are pretty simple machines, over-complication in design can cause redundancy and potential issues. I mean we are talking about a rotary version of a machine that has pretty much remained the same for a very long time.

Do expect some sort of brand new innovation on something that works as well as it can ? Whats next .. wheels? still round whats up with that ?? I drive to work and all I see it round rubber wheels on cars.. nothing new.. pfft

I see your shop does a lot of traditional tattooing ... where's YOUR innovation ? There is a reason why things are repeated - because the basics WORK ! Simple.

As for buying Chinese, it's your money and if you think giving your money to a huge company rather than someone that actually and does tattoo, then go for it, but to me you are missing the point. Hey, why not buy your needles from some Chinese company as well ? I mean sure they may not be consistent and you may have to through 1 in 5 out because they are being mass produced by someone that has NEVER tattooed. With shitty attitudes like that you will be back to making your own needles instead of buying them because you can't get good ones anymore.

That shitty attitude is EXACTLY why there are so many shops being opened by apprentices and they have apprentices because THEY DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE CRAFT. So not to be an ass, but, really ???? that's what you come back with ? pathetic !!

That being said, ED nice looking machine - more than fair price. If I had the money and wasn't trying to cut back on machines - I'd have sent my money already. I would much rather give my money to someone who is adding to the industry and not riding its coat tales.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand.
    Last edited by Nedz; 07-12-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't gotten to use one yet but these look like excellent machines at a very fair price! Nicely done Ned

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz View Post
    Attachment 11867
    Red MR04, hope you like it. I will post the other colours tomorrow.
    I will say it in one sentence..THANKS for giving back and making a fine looking machine at a nice price!!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

11. Like tugg, nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ***Pos Hijack***

I remember, years ago, buying a direct drive from (Ed) Ned...It was spot on, and was pretty fukn cheap..He still produces great Machines, at very reasonable prices...

There are only so many innovations, features, concepts and developments that you can apply to ANY MACHINE, be it Rotary or Coil.....At the end of the day,the function of a tattoo Machine is simply to place ink into the skin, in a safe, prescribed and constant manner.
    I really don't see the problem with any reputable Builder, improving or improvising ideas, or design feature, providing it actually works, and is not just a selling point...For instance, throw a "give system" on a cheaply built machine, to create the illusion of control, or tack on a "slide" mechanism and the user will think it is a Linear Drive, and will Line like a Sharpie.That would be wrong....
    Utilising features and designs that are proven to work...is simply good business sense, and instils confidence in the buyer/user.The danger is when an un-reputable builder, cobbles all the latest innovations together, or blatantly copies a Machine entirely and sells it to the masses......
    This is one sweet Machine for the Money, and has Customer Service from one of the nicest Guys in the Business.....And I ain't Blowing No Smoke....Sorry for the Hijack,P.

13. Like tugg liked this post.