Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hi.... Another new blood!

Hi all! Just stumbled across this forum and started jumping up n down with excitement! I run a small tattoo studio in the uk, and love my Rotarys! I currently have an Ink machines Dragonfly, Stigma Bizzare, Special Techniques Slingshot, and a stealth lite. I am always in the look out for more and currently looking into prospective purchases!!

Nice to meet u all!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to have you on board!
    Maybe you could give a review of the slingshot,bizzare and stealth lite!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

3. Thanks sijohnson thanked for this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome

5. Thanks sijohnson thanked for this post.
    Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, you'll find several builders on here each with their own style of rotary to feed your addiction

Believe it or not I was born in Cheadle but haven't been back since my family moved over 40 years ago!
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

7. Thanks sijohnson thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! Well it is a small world! Looking into A Roy Richardson, and Rotary Works, quite like the Rapier too! I can see lots of cash being spent soon!! Does anyone make something similar to the Hyper? I like Stigmas but I don't like the prices or the waiting list! Just had my Slingshot built by Bill at Special Techniques and man that guy can build machines!

Post Thanks / Like
    How works the Slingshot for you ? What kind of work you did with them ? Is it a aluminium machine ? I read they are pretty light ?!

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sijohnson View Post
    Thank you! Well it is a small world! Looking into A Roy Richardson, and Rotary Works, quite like the Rapier too! I can see lots of cash being spent soon!! Does anyone make something similar to the Hyper? I like Stigmas but I don't like the prices or the waiting list! Just had my Slingshot built by Bill at Special Techniques and man that guy can build machines!
    For the record credit should also go to Brian (Bills much quieter partner) for the Special Technique Machines. Brian is the man who drives the mill and makes all the angles right on the machines

If you want loads of adjustment there is the dragonfly though the price is still pretty high on those as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well there you go! Thanks Brian too!! Already got the dragonfly, been running one since august 2010 and I can't fault it, got my slingshot on Monday, not had chance to use it yet, planning on Friday for a portrait piece I have in, so I will let you know. I opted for a mid weight brass frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome abroad!

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is also the swash if you like the swash plate design though there is not as much adjustment on the fly. I have seen very good reviews posted regarding those machines and from what I gather the newer versions of the swash are lighter than the stigma, if you are a weight weeny*.

* "weight weeny" is a common cycling term for a rider who has mortgaged their home in the quest to finance the build of a bicycle that weighs less then the shit they took that morning and is not at all race legal.