Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you come from coils, try the dragonfly long stroke or the sunskin primus. they are both on the slower side, running good at somewhere around 95 to 105 hz. sunskin is a bit heavier but comes closest to coils. the dragonfly is lighter ( good if you use disposable grips). i love both machines for bg and lining. dragonfly is a tiny bit better for coloring. both machines are low vibrating, low noise . the bizarre v2 was way to fast and soft for my liking. sold it after 1 month tried both, the medium and the long stroke excenter. did this tattoo exclusively with dragonflys in two hours . CIMG0619.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on the Primus, I've worked almost exclusively with my Hypers(v2 and V3) but can now say that my primus is a true joy for both shading and packing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by puffreis View Post
    if you come from coils, try the dragonfly long stroke or the sunskin primus. they are both on the slower side, running good at somewhere around 95 to 105 hz. sunskin is a bit heavier but comes closest to coils. the dragonfly is lighter ( good if you use disposable grips). i love both machines for bg and lining. dragonfly is a tiny bit better for coloring. both machines are low vibrating, low noise . the bizarre v2 was way to fast and soft for my liking. sold it after 1 month tried both, the medium and the long stroke excenter. did this tattoo exclusively with dragonflys in two hours . CIMG0619.JPG
    I fucking love that tattoo! I have a thing for bull terriers and that is a beautiful tattoo!

4. Like Noa liked this post.
    Las Vegas or whatever city I happen to be in
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't used the v3 yet, but I love the hyper V2s for everything. I'm currently in the process of gathering up every V2 available.
    can't=finished by end of today, impossible=finished by end of week, out of your mind=already finished

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Tattoo Puffreis!
    Thanks for the advice man, I'll keep this in mind...
    All the best.
    Scuff.
    Last edited by scuff; 08-04-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys...
    Just like to thank you all for the advice and the time out to reply to this post,
    I should be deciding in a couple of weeks what I'm buying so I'll keep you all informed and let you know how I get on.
    Thanks again guys.
    All the best.
    Scuff.
    Last edited by scuff; 08-04-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to but in man but that bully tattoo is rad!!!! Looks just like my dog!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in the same boat at you Skuff. Been tattooing for 13 years and finally made the switch! Definitely say my Spektra Halo is hands down the best B&G rotary for me so far! Was smooth gradients with an easy turn of the knob to smooth out the peppering and yes my V3 is great at it too but I use my V3 primarily for lining and color work. But if you do tight technical work then the V3 is great for those small rounds for getting at those small corners and textures! Good luck on your endeavors and welcome to the addiction!
    ~{STINKY}~