Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

about to trade for an original hawk.

my question is the guy says that the t tech cartriges he has leak some on this machine. he say the cheyenne cartriges work with no problem, however. says hes only ran into a few that leak. and some other company named cherry or simethibg makes pretty good ones with zero problema

my question is, should i be weary about buying a possible fake are messed up hawk???

Post Thanks / Like
    Save yourself the problem & get yourself a Centri or a Spektra. Then you don't have to worry about any of those problems. Read the reviews & comments on both of those machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    ill have to check them out, thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally i Hated hawk. Centri however. Blasting cool machine. So unique nothing like it. And the spektra rocks aswell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ttech cartridges aren't sealed like hawk's are, that's one reason they are cheaper and can leak. Not sure if thats a real hawk but the leaking with ttechs is common, and a sanitary no búeno...one reason I'm not a fan but I don't like to be locked in a needle system I can't make my own of. And yes both the spektra and Centri are the shit!

Post Thanks / Like
    i found some of that info out after doing a little investigating. i think im still going to trade and test it out. appreciate the feedback, once again. even if i dont like the hawk, ppl are using the adjustable tubea with the conventional needles in other machines, correct? if so, i wonder how it would feel with one of my direct drives.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never had a leak issue with my t-techs. Just make sure to not dip too deep into a rinse cup and let the water drain out for a second before turning the machine horizontal to wipe the tip off. No backflow that way. I swab out the inside of the grip with Madacide after every tattoo also. The little bit of ink spitting that may occur inside of the cartridge isn't enough to leak outside of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info. what if i were to use the tube/grip with my other rotaries? ive heard of people doing this, is this mainly because they can adjust needle depth with a few twist of the tube??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DCtattoos07 View Post
    thanks for the info. what if i were to use the tube/grip with my other rotaries? ive heard of people doing this, is this mainly because they can adjust needle depth with a few twist of the tube??
    just buy some t-tech tubes if thats what you want it for, you can autoclave them.

Post Thanks / Like
    would i be able to with the hawk thats in the mail? i am totally unfamiliar with this machine