Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needle Retainer

Post Thanks / Like

Needle Retainer

Looking to purchase in bulk needle retainers, ie the ones used on most machines these days.
    please dont redirect me to alibaba unless its the only place to get them.

Do not need the small bearings and O-rings, Unless total price in bulk includes them for less then $0.39 each at 100 quantity.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Why in the world would you need those things in that kind of bulk? Are you building machines? If you're building, then why not make them yourself?

Post Thanks / Like
    i would talk to a machine shop to make those but only place your going to get them that cheap is injected molded plastic from china.

Post Thanks / Like
    Because there plastic and I dont do injection mold, and why would I want to spend the time or effort milling them out of an alloy, when i can just purchase in bulk for less then I can make them.
    ya looks like alibaba it is, I have been looking around for a while, and even to have a local plastic injection company, or having them milled from aluminum cost 10x the price then to have them imported.
    its to bad union labor is so high, guess the good'ol USA will miss out on some of my pennies....

Post Thanks / Like
    what kind of machine will yours be?

Post Thanks / Like
    @Wildboy Its a rotary much like everyone elses. piston system like the dragonfly/nedz style but with a little different suspension system to clean up the way the "give " works.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eikonic;52163]Because there plastic and I dont do injection mold, and why would I want to spend the time or effort milling them out of an alloy, when i can just purchase in bulk for less then I can make them.

Because it helps support your country and have a better product for the end users, its because of this mentality that the USA is being sold out from under us.The money spent here helps to support people which in turn helps you.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eikonic View Post
    @Wildboy Its a rotary much like everyone elses. piston system like the dragonfly/nedz style but with a little different suspension system to clean up the way the "give " works.
    Id rather pay 5 bucks more for a high quality product...

9. Like Brian Russell liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to go all off topic, but manufacturing in the USA can be very expensive. Especially when it is in small quantities. I would shop it around an see what you can come up with before out sourcing a product. You may get lucky, or at least I hope you do.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Resisting urge to rant about capitalist inflation and lining the pockets of the elite, tee hee.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

12. Thanks Eturnus thanked for this post.
    Like Eturnus liked this post.