I've been through the trials with both, I'd have to say that between the two machines the Spektra is far and away the better machine. Overall design, ease of use and most importantly how they apply pigment to the skin (lining, shading, packing)...the Spektra tips the scales in every way. (even on price if that's an issue) The give settings of the Spektra makes it a more versatile machine, then there's the clear advantages of the motor bolt system and the machine being autoclavable.

I "only" own two of the Spektras, a 3.2mm & 4mm. Where rotaries are concerned the 3.2 is my go to liner, but I also load it for black & grey depending on the needle grouping. The 4mm is just a beast to shade, blend or pack color with...just a FUN machine to use. For me the learning curve with it's shading ability was all of plugging it in I wouldn't have any input on the 4mm as anything else but a shader just being that I've never tried loading it as a liner. I'll be getting the 3.6 down the road (just gives me an "excuse" to purchase another). I think Sage? compared it to the Dragonfly but faster, which was dead on.