Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslingers View Post
    The answer to your question(s) on which is the better machine is in this quote. Time after time in threads on/about the Spektra you'll see this..."I got one, now I'm buying another..." You just don't see that with the Centri. It's one thing to talk about how nice a machine is, but to like it enough to put out money for second/or third is something else entirely.
    LOL yeah biggest mistake on my part was not to make the Centri in 3 different stroke sizes instead of all in one... My opinion' there both amazing machines with genius designs and if you are a die hard in love with rotaries you will fall in love with the Spektra and i recommend it for you. If you are one who likes the use of coils, rotaries, pneumatic and or is open to something thats NEVER been done before with no history or long term statistics, the Centri is your walk on the wild side!

2. Thanks Patrick thanked for this post.
    Like Patrick, Bruce Gulick liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your input. Informative and honest. I really appreciate it. I think I'm going to save a little longer and try them both out. I've asked a few other artists and no one seems to have anything particularly negative to say about either brand. I will update and review as soon as I can give them both a thorough litmus test.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...I will be blunt and straight to the point..Please bear in mind this is only my opinion...The Spektra Halo leaves the Centri in it's dust..I have had a few Centris, I thought with all the hype attached to this build, it must be pretty good..So I swapped a Hyper V2 for one, and had to send it for repair, so while I waited for that to be returned I got another one...That also had to be sent back for updating/upgrading..Mike at Centri is a cool guy to deal with, his customer service is on par with FKI and TATSoul,,,,,however, I would run one Halo against 3 Centri's.....Maybe I was unlucky, I know some people get great results from the Centri, for me it was too hit or miss, temperamental and inconsistent...It also needed cleaned/serviced ever tattoo, or 3 hours "approx"...I never posted a review on the Centri, as it never worked out for me, it doesn't mean to say it won't work for you...The Centri has a huge learnig curve, and a bit of baggage with it...The Spektra is Plug and Play...Simple...As I said, this is my opinion only, I don't want to create a shitstorm with the Centri owners...

5. Thanks Patrick thanked for this post.
    Like Patrick liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    Ok...I will be blunt and straight to the point..Please bear in mind this is only my opinion...The Spektra Halo leaves the Centri in it's dust..I have had a few Centris, I thought with all the hype attached to this build, it must be pretty good..So I swapped a Hyper V2 for one, and had to send it for repair, so while I waited for that to be returned I got another one...That also had to be sent back for updating/upgrading..Mike at Centri is a cool guy to deal with, his customer service is on par with FKI and TATSoul,,,,,however, I would run one Halo against 3 Centri's.....Maybe I was unlucky, I know some people get great results from the Centri, for me it was too hit or miss, temperamental and inconsistent...It also needed cleaned/serviced ever tattoo, or 3 hours "approx"...I never posted a review on the Centri, as it never worked out for me, it doesn't mean to say it won't work for you...The Centri has a huge learnig curve, and a bit of baggage with it...The Spektra is Plug and Play...Simple...As I said, this is my opinion only, I don't want to create a shitstorm with the Centri owners...
    I doubt your post will start any kind of shitstorm, if fact, I believe that if Centri owners had been totally honest in their review(s) of the machine you would have seen more stories like your's come to light. I can only speak for myself, and my reasons for not putting anything negative out about it....if anyone remembers, I was one of the very few that cheer leaded for the Centri in it's infancy. After only having limited experience with it I came to find myself sided with those that believed the machine could be the "future of tattooing". Make no mistake, sides were actually taken in this. If you read the old threads you'll see what I'm talking about. There were some very heated discussions on the matter.

I still believe that the idea is there, somewhere? I can't say if it's a simple matter of refining or if the whole thing should be re-engineered? Had I posted a full and honest review of the Centri, it would have included the issues that you posted & more, instead I choose to lick my wounds and move on. As you've said, there's those who seem to get some very good results with it.

I have a rather large collection of machines, so I get the thought behind buying a certain machine just to have it, or as Mike (Centri) put it, "to take a walk on the wild side". My top drawer is a different story altogether though. I've babied/fine tuned/whispered sweet nothings to them nightly...to the point where I'm more then happy with those I have to pick from to apply a tattoo with. If it's in my top drawer it's earned its place there as a tool that consistently performs the job it was meant to do. The Centri(s) didn't. My Spektras have.
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

7. Thanks Patrick thanked for this post.
    Like Patrick liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a centri and had a little play with a halo, and in my eyes the halo is a plug and play machine but it's nothing new it's just a very refined machine like the dragonfly it does what it says it does, but the centri well I've had problems with mine but I'm sending it back for a new motor and I'm going to learn the beast I love the idea on how it works and I think it's a step forward not a step to the side with the halo. But the halo only wins because it's a plug n play tattooist machine, with the centri it's a tattoo artists machine you have to learn how to use it even if you burn 2 motors out hahaha opps. Not used to such low volts & yes I think as time goes on and mike developes the centri it will only get better and stronger. If you want plug n play halos your machine, if you want start of something new support the centri. Or be a greedy and get both hahaha

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

9. Thanks Patrick thanked for this post.
    Like Cyberitual liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must say I tattooed with a used centri I just got for like 10m on myshelf before packing it up to be sent out for updates and it is an amazing machine! The hit/give is unique and feels like no other. I have tried alot of rotary and keep trying more because I am looking for a machine that is better then a standard rotary and coil-I think it is going to be the Centri-it is a step forward for sure! It sure hurts/swells alot less and felt more like doing art to me then tattooing,which is a good thing! Also customer service was great-mike has answered my questions right away and really does believe in/uses his product and seems to always be trying to making it better. "A TATTOO MACHINE BY A TATTOOER" works for me.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

11. Thanks Patrick thanked for this post.
    Like Patrick, Cyberitual liked this post.