Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How do Vivaces compare to stigmas or dragonflies?

So I've been using the short and long stroke Vivaces for the past several months and I've been very pleased with them!. I've been exclusively using the long stroke for lining and I can't imagine ever going back to coils. I've really enjoyed the short stroke for shading and it does a pretty good job with color too.

I'm looking to add a third rotary to my arsenal and I was wondering how much better throwing a couple hundred more dollars into a machine ( stigma, dragonfly) makes it? I would like a versatile machine if possible to fill whatever gap I may need but having one lean more towards using a mag as opposed to a round would be more important. Any input as to weather I'm going to notice where those extra couple hundred are going or would I just be better off saving money with another Vivace?

Any input is appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say get a HM La Pinta
    Last edited by slicksteel; 08-31-2012 at 10:52 PM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines jesoner79's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    get the hyper v3 it will replace both vivaces but then again i still use my vivace but not as often

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The hyper v3 is pretty sweet, So is the dragonfly and the spektra. If you're looking for something with adjustable give those machines are well worth the money. I really wanna try a hm la pinta I'm sure it's well worth the extra money too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spektra, hyper, lapina... Anyone will handle it..

Post Thanks / Like
    i use to use my vivace for everything....i thought it was the shit for packing and blending colors.
    now all i use is my spektra...

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    So I've been using the short and long stroke Vivaces for the past several months and I've been very pleased with them!. I've been exclusively using the long stroke for lining and I can't imagine ever going back to coils. I've really enjoyed the short stroke for shading and it does a pretty good job with color too.

I'm looking to add a third rotary to my arsenal and I was wondering how much better throwing a couple hundred more dollars into a machine ( stigma, dragonfly) makes it? I would like a versatile machine if possible to fill whatever gap I may need but having one lean more towards using a mag as opposed to a round would be more important. Any input as to weather I'm going to notice where those extra couple hundred are going or would I just be better off saving money with another Vivace?

Any input is appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this.
    I know the feeling mate, i also use a 2.5 and a 3.5 vivace for linkng and colour... But felt i needed something softer or maybe just a bit more versatile to add to the lineup, so u invested in a swashdrive whip... The hyper is nice but still dont think it quite hits the spot!.. I havent tried a spektra halo yet but that seems to be the bomb! Thats my next investment! For the money i think the stigma is no better thanthe neotat just different!... Still waiting for the whip to arrive but hoping that is awesome!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffstattoos View Post
    I know the feeling mate, i also use a 2.5 and a 3.5 vivace for linkng and colour... But felt i needed something softer or maybe just a bit more versatile to add to the lineup, so u invested in a swashdrive whip... The hyper is nice but still dont think it quite hits the spot!.. I havent tried a spektra halo yet but that seems to be the bomb! Thats my next investment! For the money i think the stigma is no better thanthe neotat just different!... Still waiting for the whip to arrive but hoping that is awesome!
    The v3 hyper is pretty different from the v2, if you haven't tried it I would. I'm not sure how it could be like a vivace?

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by asA View Post
    The v3 hyper is pretty different from the v2, if you haven't tried it I would. I'm not sure how it could be like a vivace?
    I didnt say it was like a vivace?... I have heard great things about the hyper v3 actually! I did like my hyper v2 it just never seemed to hit that sweet spot with me if you know what i mean?..

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't try the hyper v3 but the v2 hit too soft to me, triple pass to get a fully saturated zone, and the whip I had (a week only) was even softer. Anyway I m not very partial as I went back to coils. The hawk was very very nice shading wise although lining with it sucked.