Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave View Post
    anyone else has had flexing issues when using a neotat with disposables?
    Only when I use sub-par tubes. I find Good Guy, Eikon Griffin, and Tatsoul Wrath to be some of the best out there (other than the truetubes Durb M. promotes). It's hard to say if your issue is from flexing tubes or other things (Unless you see the flex in the tube, of course). I have a constant issue relating to this since I've switched to Good Luck Irons steel tubes (I don't think it's tube flexing issue there). One thing though, I can't use grommets on my neotats. It raises the eye of the needle too far away from the needle clip which makes it bend in a weird way. I use paper towel squares so that the eye rides a little closer to the glide, or the tubing from Lucky's. If your tubes bend, you may actually have to put a bend in the needlebar closer to the solder point to compensate, or (like I did with an older Roy Richardson machine) flip the needles upside down in the tube so that the bar is on the bottom. I've also noticed that it does that with my Good Luck Irons tubes and not my Eikon disposables (where the needles are not along the base of the tube, but riding or floating high - so I have to bend them a little or flip them, because the needle clip is pulling them down too much so when the needles are at the edge of the tube, all the downward pulling makes the tips want to flex up). This pulling/flexing thing can happen in the same way when a soft disposable flexes. Does that make sense?
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, in other words, before you go buying up all sorts of new stuff, try using paper towels to lower the eye of the needle, and/or flipping your needle upside down, maybe with a tiny little bend near the solder...
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    imma try that alie and see how it works. neotat works beautifully with steel tubes btw

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing is with tatsoul disposable liners the needle needs the big solder facing up, if not it makes the needle go all over the place!