Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Newest and probably the final version of this machine does have adjustable stroke 2.5mm to 4.5mm and is adjusted from the bottom by a screw. Adjustable give and runs quieter than these 2 prototypes. No swash, no angled cam, and no gears. No plastic either. Pure metal.

2. Like nivek liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peezie View Post
    Newest and probably the final version of this machine does have adjustable stroke 2.5mm to 4.5mm and is adjusted from the bottom by a screw. Adjustable give and runs quieter than these 2 prototypes. No swash, no angled cam, and no gears. No plastic either. Pure metal.
    Good job man! the Conic gear system is a great choice.
    Try machining them in Delrin or similar polyacetal to reduce noise and wear. They will also mate better and give you more allowance of alignment.
    Digging it. Try not to show too much prior launch. You are listening this from someone that suffered the consequences of reverse engineering really quick (and not necessarily from china!)
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    Good job man! the Conic gear system is a great choice.
    Try machining them in Delrin or similar polyacetal to reduce noise and wear. They will also mate better and give you more allowance of alignment.
    Digging it. Try not to show too much prior launch. You are listening this from someone that suffered the consequences of reverse engineering really quick (and not necessarily from china!)
    I hear you on that. Your experience is one of the many reasons the machines were stripped down to bare bones. The actual functioning machines look a lot different with all the actual parts installed. I was modifying off the shelf gears which is why I really didn't want to go that route. The new system is much better and I make every piece myself now except for fasteners. If I'm ever able to machine my own gears than I probably wouldn't hesitate to go that route in the future. I did like the gear ratios.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just so everyone knows, I'm not a machinist by trade. I'm a tattoo artist who builds machines. Valiant Metal Works is a machining facility I set up to build machines a little over 2 years ago. I was originally suppose to release my line of coil machines but decided to do R&D on rotaries. I felt I can offer something better in a rotary as I had insight to building coil machines. I still plan on releasing a line of coil machines but I thought the first machines I should release was bad ass rotary that ran like a coil machine. I'm a one man show for now and I design and mfg everything myself for now. Just a little insight on where I'm coming from.

6. Like gautam liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very interested stuff, compliments, i always think how can a vertical motor make move the piston, is something like a swash that move piston here ????

Is cool

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted this on facebook earlier and thought I should update this thread as well. And to comment on your question No Iron Machines, no, not swash driven.
    Don't mind posting these pics as the final machine is something that is a lot different. These were test machines out of a batch of 20 machines I have out for testing and just got these 2 back from a local artist as I'm closing out the testing phase for closed testing and will do a public testing within the next 2 months and final release soon after. Again, these are test bodies and do not reflect what will be released but is similar. Public testing will open up soon and will be limited and sold at a discount and are fully functional finalized machines. Meaning, you will get the finalized version and not these test versions. 2 piston assemblies pictured here. 1 adjustable piston and 1 solid piston which has benefits of accelerated mass for solid striking. You'll get both pistons. Anyone interested send me a pm of your email address or contact me through pm. Sales are to professionals who provide proof. Thanks for your interest.
    rotary.jpgrotary02.jpgrotary03.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a tiny machine for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Will it push carts??

Post Thanks / Like
    very clean design and good placement of the RCA - its a Swashaction ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great. Hope you keep us posted.