Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Earlier prototype

This is a earlier prototype to test for proof of concept. Angled cam with piston assembly which has an adjustable return spring up top. Rubber covered bearing rides on the angled cam and stroke can be adjusted with increase of speed but must also be matched by the correct tension of the return spring. Stroke can also be adjusted by adjusting the spring loaded bearing assembly which rides on the angled cam. The closer to the center of the cam, the shorter the stroke, the further out, the longer the stroke. The movement is unique in that it has a dead blow action as opposed to the motor pulling the needle back within the second half of the revolution. Some people have described this as forward give. Noise and consistency issues caused for the scrapping of this idea. The noise came from .001 inches of up and down play of the maxon motor shaft. Majority of the noise is from the shaft hitting the bottom (or the top in this case) of the motor. Machine runs quiet when ran upside down. Thrust bearing could've been used to possibly solve this problem but the consistency issues were a big issue as the machine would run differently upright as compared to sideways. And Yes, the power supply is an eikon psu and not a knock off. This concept was dropped before even being completed into a fully functional tattoo machine.
    Last edited by peezie; 09-04-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds scary...

Post Thanks / Like
    eeek

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Peezie, I think you might learn a lesson here shortly. Usually when someone posts a "new or different" machine on here, people start knowing everything about your machine that they have never used. They start ripping & tearing @ you almost on a hourly basis. Ask Mike from Centri about the warm welcome his machine got when he showed it on here in the begining. Hopefully I'm wrong, but you are already getting comments on a machine that is dead & that will never be made. You can only image what happens when you try to be the new nice machine builder & you unveil your finished prototype. Not saying anything bad about Eturnus or tatu Richie, but I read the shit that people on here gave mike from Centri about his machine in the beginning, man it was ruthless. Now his machine is definately considered to be a top of the line machine on this forum period.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool concept!-I bet if you can come up with something like this your other idea will be great! trying new thinks is whats its all about-sometimes they work sometimes they dont ,but we surly learn something new in the process!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    I think if you could get that machine to run smooth it could be a good one based on the size and balance you could get out of it Reminds me of the DART prototype

Post Thanks / Like
    Just sounded scary is all. Just thinking about how my first time clients would react to the sould. I really like where it is going though. And i know that .001 inches of play is a bitch to fix. You definitely sound like you know what your doing. This would be a prototype to keep working on. Correct me if im wrong it sounds like an adjustable swash??

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the concept BUT, the noise is something to work, after i quit my coils, i never, said never, want that noise in my ears again. I think, less noise, the clients can handle more time. More time, more money and a well made tattoo.

Sent by the Devil using a vessel, one galaxy S2 and tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vodu View Post
    I like the concept BUT, the noise is something to work, after i quit my coils, i never, said never, want that noise in my ears again. I think, less noise, the clients can handle more time. More time, more money and a well made tattoo.

Sent by the Devil using a vessel, one galaxy S2 and tapatalk 2
    Agreed! Once you get spoiled with quieter rotaries it's hard to go back, so noise is a working factor. Though a bit of sound can be a good thing...like a running diagnostic feedback of sorts, just like a coil, you can hear if it's doing what you want or if there are issues...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    Agreed! Once you get spoiled with quieter rotaries it's hard to go back, so noise is a working factor. Though a bit of sound can be a good thing...like a running diagnostic feedback of sorts, just like a coil, you can hear if it's doing what you want or if there are issues...
    Yeh the noise has to be reasonable....I loved my inkjectas but the noise really pissed me off! in the end i couldnt stand it and moved onto other machines...i think the inkjectas were louder than my coils!...they worked a treat but were too damn noisey!...