Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct Jack. This machine has gone through a bunch of changes and even has a spinoff machine from the things I've learned developing it. This machine is being tested by myself and some local artists from 2 local shops and is completely under wraps. Their are some features which aren't new to tattoo machines in general but done in a way that hasn't been done before. These are earlier pictures during development and aren't completely reflective of what is in the hands of artists now testing them. Their are a little over 10 machines out being tested. Pretty close to finishing these up and I've only had to make minor changes so far.
    group2.jpg
    This picture has some old components that were tested and have since been scrapped.
    group.jpg
    Final bodies made for testing and have been in the hands of my friends at 2 local shops for the past month.

Post Thanks / Like
    well I wish you best on this and hope you get it figured out
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jay. Hope I do too.

Post Thanks / Like
    They look awesome I want to see more on these
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanna give a little update to this machine that I have been working on full time the last 2 years. I am changing the drive system away from the gears I was using (for now, may use it for a steel version). I was using steel bevel gears at a 1:1.8 ratio to use a maxon motor at the higher torque curve range. This allowed for better low and high speed torque. Instead of running the machine from the 6-8.5v range it runs best from 10-12v range which is the motors maximum efficiency. The machine tattoos great and everyone loves them but it made a bit of noise that I ultimately couldn't live with which might have been taken care with a different material for the gear housing. Most artist didn't mind the noise which wasn't that loud. Way quieter than a coil. I am now using a different drive system that I had hoped to use on a different model machine. The new drive system still uses a vertical motor with a piston assembly. This new system is currently being tested by the same people including myself. Runs a lot quieter and the stroke can be adjusted while the machine is running. Stroke range is 2.5mm-4.5mm. No angled cam, no swash, and no gears to sum it up. Thanks for your interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    cool keep at it
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    video comparison?

Post Thanks / Like
    Excited about this build been following this thread closely really liking where this machine is headed!
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Both machines sound quieter in person but this video will give you an idea of the sound difference between the 2.

10. Like Jan Li liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like we're this is going. Keep it up dude. I read everything and seen that the stroke is adjustable and the screw is for adjustable hit or give correct? I like the overall design