Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Running T-Tech, Hawk with your Spektra Halo...and perhaps with most rotaries. Answers

How to run Cartdriges systems on your Spektra Halo.

The "Slider" has a pre defined load that is achieved by the "Positioning" spring. This spring retracts the slider so the needle can hide inside your tube when the motor is off.

The normal startup voltage of a spectra is around 5-7 volts depending on several parameters.

The Hawk and T tech Cartridges have a built in "in cartridge spring or elastic" that retracts the needle.
    You can understand this principal by "pushing in" the pin that drives the needle in the cartridge system.

The spring in the cartridge system is doing exactly what the "Positioning Spring" in the slider is doing: Retracts the needle when motor stops.

I've noticed that the spring tension of the spring or elastic found in most cartridges is greater than the tension of the Spektras Positioning spring. Probably twice as the tensile strength of the Spektra's "Positioning Spring"

Therefore, by removing the "Positioning Spring" off your Spektra you will allow "just" the spring in the cartridge system do the job of retracting slider and needle.

What Happen if you don't remove the "Positioning Spring" off your Spektra?

If you don't remove that spring the motor will have to fight double or triple the load (achieve by the multiple combination of springs)

Conclusion:
    As soon as you remove that front spring off, the Spektra Halo is ready to perform flawless with T-tech or hawk.
    The machine will run naturally starting at the normal 6v average voltage and you should see a smooth response by smaller increment of voltage.

Should you have any questions let me know. I may start a new thread with this info, since A LOT of people flooded my inbox since we release the Spektra.
    I will also update this on our site
    Last edited by fkirons; 09-22-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't see this post and a few others from you? Just the smiley at the end. I'm using my phone maybe it's just something at my end, thought I'd mention it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post

The "Slider" has a pre defined load that is achieved by the "Positioning" spring. This spring retracts the slider so the needle can hide inside your tube when the motor is off.

The normal startup voltage of a spectra is around 5-7 volts depending on several parameters.

The Hawk and T tech Cartridges have a built in "in cartridge spring or elastic" that retracts the needle.
    You can understand this principal by "pushing in" the pin that drives the needle in the cartridge system.

The spring in the cartridge system is doing exactly what the "Positioning Spring" in the slider is doing: Retracts the needle when motor stops.

I've noticed that the spring tension of the spring or elastic found in most cartridges is greater than the tension of the Spektras Positioning spring. Probably twice as the tensile strength of the Spektra's "Positioning Spring"

Therefore, by removing the "Positioning Spring" off your Spektra you will allow "just" the spring in the cartridge system do the job of retracting slider and needle.

If you don't remove that spring the motor will have to fight double or triple the load (achieve by the multiple combination of springs)

Conclusion:
    As soon as you remove that front spring off, the Spektra Halo is ready to perform flawless with T-tech or hawk.
    The machine will run naturally starting at the normal 6v average voltage and you should see a smooth response by smaller increment of voltage.

Should you have any questions let me know. I may start a new thread with this info, since A LOT of people flooded my inbox since we release the Spektra.
    Here it is

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post

Conclusion:

Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, just hit quote, it will appear on your message

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mystweave View Post
    I can't see this post and a few others from you? Just the smiley at the end. I'm using my phone maybe it's just something at my end, thought I'd mention it
    It should be fixed now.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the halo kicks ass with t tech I find the give knob works the best with t tech even better then disposable alone

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    I agree the halo kicks ass with t tech I find the give knob works the best with t tech even better then disposable alone
    Glad you like it. We will do a little video tutorial shortly regarding T-Tech and the Spektra.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't just like it I love it I think your buddy hit the nail on the head when he told u he liked the way it pushed his cartridges even better then a hawk! I even find that if you don't crank the tube vice super hard you can do the grip twist method to adjust the depth and the machine is so light you don't really need to worry about it moving around on you even with the vice not cranked down super hard and even if it Dod move slightly it wouldn't matter because the needle in the cartridge is always Gunna stay flat I personally think this set up is better then a hawk due to the ability to use the give adjustment , disposables if u want like on touch up sessions , and also the grips being so chexap 15 bucks vs 175

Post Thanks / Like
    another cool thing is like you said you can twist the grip so if you find yourself in a tricky spot ,say around the neck, and the rca cord is trying to cramp your movements. just turn the tube 45 degrees one way or the other. cartridge still runs the perfect at the bottome of the tube, but now the rca is hitting your client in the face and cramping your style artistically!! now thats sweet